Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most stable/secure script at this moment?

Giorgi's Avatar Creative Personality

Heart

Hello

I have seen lots of them, tbdev, btiteam, xbtt, torrentrader, torrentstrike, templateshares...

there are so many of them, I wonder which is most stable/secure to use?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    if there were one, everybody would use it.
    each of them has their own pros and cons. maybe it depends on the kind of tracker/community you have in mind when u make the choice.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    patto75's Avatar ///\\\ BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Also you have to remember some are more popular than others, can receive more advice and help unlike others.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The language it's written in is also a deciding factor.
    I can follow along with c/c++, but would not feel comfortable making changes for security, therefore I use PHP based trackers. Obviously, if you prefer c/c++ you'd go with something like xbtt.
    You also need to consider setup with the various languages. A php/perl based tracker will run on most webspaces, a c/c++ based tracker will require access to a shell and compiler.

Either way, I would not trust any of them to be entirely secure out of the box. There are always various exploits, although xbtt doesn't seem to have any easily findable ones.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Giveaway's Avatar Senior Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    dude, every software has it pros and cons..i dont think there is just one that is the best
    just do giveaways and help who deserves

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    Most good trackers have rewritten a lot of their tbdev code, so this question doesn't really mean anything.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Then I will try to be specefic, any source that has "Design completly separated from code" and comes with admin panel...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    kaler's Avatar PHPN00B
    use TBDEV DR source Good Thing about that source is Security and performance
    ScL Signups open
    ScI Signups open

Need TBDEV Source Coded? Mods Added etc.PM me. No, am not Pro with PHP, but i am able to install Mods into TBDEV source.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanz™ View Post
    Most good trackers have rewritten a lot of their tbdev code, so this question doesn't really mean anything.
    Agree, every good tracker i've used does this. But for small community the tbdev should be fine.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    tbdev sux, its all messed up. I will prolly choose TorrentTrader, because of its relative maturity...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast