Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lite On Cdrw

Alright... at first it wasnt much of a problem since i only copied cds once in a while... but then one day my friend wanted me to copy him a bunch of my cds.... and it took 4 hrs to copy 15 of them... :/

my cdrom drive is connected as a slave to my cdrw...
    CDROM - MSI 52x
    CDRW - Liteon 52x24x52

Nero just keeps creating image files and i cant choose to burn straight into the disk... in order for me to burn i either use the windows xp (SEND TO >> E method or create an image w/ nero and tehn burn to alcohol... but copying a cd takes double the time since it has to create an image then burn the image...

i tried installing the lite on driver but it didnt help... any clues now...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    to burn a straight copy at 52x wouldn't really be possible, as your cdrom may not be bale to sustain the speed, in nero there is an option called "on the fly" which is cd to cd. also somewhere there is an option tovtest the max speed capable at on the fly,

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    yea but the problem is i cant select ON THE FLY since the box is grayed out... thats been the problem i cant copy a cd straight into a blank one... i would have to save the image file into my computer first then burn it...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    oh rite, you may have to set the burn speed lower then, as nero may not think the speeds are up to it? try the test speed thing then?
    i usually prefer to copy image first.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i dont think your getting what im trying to do....

i just meant i cant cant a cd straight from teh cd rom drive to the cdrw drive...

n i cant copy files from hard drive into to a cd w/ out creating and image file...

those methods take double the time...

ILLUSTRATION

CDROM                  CDRW
    GAME CD              BLANK CD

NERO >> COPY CD >> (IT JUST MAKES AN IMAGE FILE TO MY COMPUTER) >> (THEN IT BURNS THE IMAGE FILE)
    i cant choose to copy on the fly... nor can i burn files into a cd without creating an imagefile first

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    yeah, i know you meant cd to cd, as i said try selecting a lower burn speed to see if that works? e.g slect the lower speed, then go back to on the fly and see if u can tick it then.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    im going to upload some pics to a site to make it more clear...

it goes in order --> pic1,pic2,3,4

NERO PICS

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    ah i got you now i think, u cant make any cd without making an image, nor can u do on the fly? have u any other writing software on ur computer

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    nope... now u got it

maybe i should get easy cd creater... but everytime i dled that it doesnt work lol.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    have u tried it thorugh normal nero, not the express

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast