Thread: Problem With Nero 6

Did a fresh install of Nero 6, deleted all references to Nero. Now when I try to burn CD I get: TheDrive is in usee by another appliction. Any suggestions would be apprecited.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I get the exact same error !!!!

I know nothing is using my cdrw drive..

So yes any feedback would be great for me also !

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I do not have the knowledge or experience needed to be able to help you, however, I would recommend explaining everything you said you deleted in helping the person who can help you to help them solve your problem.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thanks for the Feedback. I was told to remove all previous nero programs first. reoved in add and remove programs, than went into registry and removed all references to nero or Ahead. I have upgraded from nero 4.5, all along the way.
    Am using Windows XP pro,

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I recently upgraded from 5.5.10.42 to that Ultra6 version. I am also on XP professional. I removed the old version of Nero from the control panel just as you did, however, I did not bother with any registry editing. I did not have any problems with the install afterwards so I am hoping that you either backed-up your registry incase you deleted something else you needed or that you have software to help you repair your registry.

Just throwing out a suggestion here, something I might try (I honestly do not know if it would work or not), but how about uninstalling your burner then reinstalling it? However, I would see if someone who comes along has a better answer for you first.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I Personally think nero 6 may look better but is less reliable

ive gon back to using nero 5, duz the job with ease

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    there was a general clean tool to uninstall everything to do with Nero, but unfortunately it's not available on the site anymore, and i checked the FTP.

have a look for "General Clean Tool" + Nero on Google or something. that may help.

i've had that "drive is in use" before. I closed Nero, made sure it was closed in the Windows Task Manager, opened it again, and it was fine.