Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kinds of advantages does BitMeTV have over TVTorrents?

Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    BitMeTV's content blows the other TV trackers out of the water. EASILY.
    They have everything you could think of plus more.
    Different countries' shows, and different formats.
    And the speed is fantastic!
    The shows are uploaded very quickly after their release time.
    The forums are great.
    The request system is helpful.
    The design is nice.
    The staff is notorious for being "mean," but you wouldn't notice it if you stayed on their good side. (Which isn't that hard.)
    Seeding is hard, but not as hard as people are making it sound.

Basically, BitMeTV is the OiNK of TV.

It has earned its 10 rating.
    And it is easily the best TV tracker IMHO,
    but if you watch mostly mainstream US TV shows, and you get everything you need with TVT, and you're happy with it, then BitMeTV might not be worth your time to track down.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    TVT = Easy to seed, but episodes aren't always up quite as quickly.

BMTV = Much harder to seed, but episodes are almost always up very quickly.

If you are downloading an episode that aired today, it is easy to seed at either place, but if you are downloading old content, it is much easier to seed back at TVT.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    kyuuchi's Avatar <O.O> BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    If you are only downloading recent shows, then either site is fine as you can achieve good speed on either site. BitmeTV has more older shows than TVT, and better seeded. If TvT has almost everything you need then don't bother with BMTV

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Same as others, I find the MAIN advantage of BitMeTV is the content...

So, forget the pre-time, forget the speed. If you are the kind of person who want his latest fix of prison break or 24, you can get it on many sites.

But for something like a very obscure tv serie from the 70's you just couldn't find anywhere else, BitMeTV may be able to help.

That is what I found so far anyway... I just need to build myself a ratio strong enough to "pay" for those older releases... and there is so many, even shows from the 50's and 60's.

It's just the best archival site of tv shows in general. So if you mostly want shows from the 2000's... all trackers can provide fairly well there. For rarer stuff, I like it... If only it was more simple to get a good ratio. The best way (outside of uploading) is to actually download recent upload from another tracker as soon as they are release and add yourself as seeder as quick as possible on the swarm of BMTV.

I may just have to upload some of my own rare old tv shows to get some buffer.
    Last edited by ScreaminJay; 01-24-2008 at 05:12 AM.

User of the .torrent files

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    The staff is notorious for being "mean," but you wouldn't notice it if you

Basically, BitMeTV is the OiNK of TV.
    Very much so to the mean part. Not so much about it being the Oink me of TV unless your just referring to content then you get a big yes. When comes to seeding Oink was one of the best places to keep a great ratio. BitMeTV is the Equivalent to slavery, unless you donate currency or plant a seed (have a server)

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Meh. It'd be cool to check out BMTV's selection of older TV shows, but right now I just mainly am into relatively current stuff. So, I guess TVT is good enough for me (for now). Who knows, maybe someday I'll decide it's worth the effort to get into BMTV.
    Sig goes here.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    NOTHING
    tvt has better staff

For Serving Community

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    NOTHING
    tvt has better staff
    Any tracker has better staff. BMTV staff are MEAN unless they like you or you donate.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i have crappy comcast and i find seeding to be really easy. and if it ever gets harder you could grab a new show from some other site and then just seed it at bmtv.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by aysomc View Post
    i have crappy comcast and i find seeding to be really easy. and if it ever gets harder you could grab a new show from some other site and then just seed it at bmtv.
    I 'll probably have to do that. Yea their sandvine throttling software sucks. I use to sit in on the meeting's. Well? Their up against the FCC now.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast