Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over Clocked!

Hey guys is this safe. Ive over clocked my Athlon 1ghz T-Bird to 1333? However according to pc alert 4 my temperature is only 39 C. Is that alrite or is there something dodgy going on?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    33.3% overclocked? I'd expect to hear a "pop" from that processor any time now.
    What kind of core voltages are you using to get there and how stable is it?
    That heat sounds a bit low to average for a non-overclocked AMD athlon.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I just plugged it into my new m/b! And it overclocked its self to 1333. I think i may turn it back down! Is that kinda what your saying? Plus this has been overclocked through the bios if thats any help.

Vcore - 1.81
    3.3v - 3.34
    +5v - 4.81
    +12v - 11.88

Is that good or bad??

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    No, the core looks good, the 3.3 looks good, but the others are a bit weak.

It's a bit of a gamble any time you over clock, but I wouldn't normaly try to push it past about 25%. You can get a bit more by overclocking the ram and tweaking some other bios settings instead.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    How do I over clock the RAM and what are these other tweaks?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Plus in my bios it says the temp is 60C whereas PC Alert 4 says its 40C which one is right?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I would trust the BIOS one.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    have you underclocked the agp bus to compensate for this very large cpu overclock?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Its back down to 1ghz. I had it running like that 2 days at full running loads and it seemed fine. Is there something dodgy going on here with the new m/b??

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Your overclock sounds fine but it all depends on what cooling solution you&#39;re using.

As it was said before the BIOS is more likely to give a correct judgement of the temp. You should worry if the temp exceeds 65 degrees. Try to avoid this barrier.

If you have sufficient air cooling then you&#39;re fine keep running how you running it but if you wanna push it that little bit further then you should invest in watercooling or even peltiers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast