Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low speeds on Vectoral seedbox?

I recently purchased a $30/month server from vectoral with these specs:

• Intel® Pentium™ III 733 MHZ
    • 256MB DDR-RAM
    • 10GB 7.2K RPM IDE-HDD
    • 500GB Bandwidth
    This was just a test server and is seeding very slowly, like 10kb/s most of the time (my own connection is faster). It's also very slow to add new torrents and manage stuff in TorrentFlux. I'm thinking of getting the $100/month server with these specs:

• AMD Athlon™ 2800+
    • 1536MB DDR-RAM
    • 2 x 120GB 7.2K RPM IDE-HDD
    • 3000GB Bandwidth
    If I get this server, is it going to seed way faster? I need to know how fast a server like this is going to seed and how many torrents it can handle,.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    What were the download speeds like?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Download speeds are anywhere from 10-50kb/s but I think it depends on the number of seeders there.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Although the server has a 100mbit ethernet port, it is limited by the speed of the swarm on the torrent you are seeding, if you only have a few peers connected and they are low speed peers then data transfer is going to be slow.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Have you ever tried to download/upload some test files to other servers ?

And see if torrent port is blacklisted in iptables ?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Although the server has a 100mbit ethernet port, it is limited by the speed of the swarm on the torrent you are seeding, if you only have a few peers connected and they are low speed peers then data transfer is going to be slow.
    Story checks out.

Use any one of the speedtests on the internet to verify the speed that your box is capable of before upgrading to a higher costing plan. I have vectoral for one of my servers and have no problems hitting 10mb/s and upwards...now the hard drive keeping up...thats a different story.

Most likely, as Artemis said, there just arent enough people connecting to you. On a 0day site, grab a poplar file right after it is dropped...I am sure you will see fast speeds then.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i have the $80 plan at vectoral and here's my speedtest

I can get around 10mb up or down, i set up a guys server and couldn't figure out why it was hanging all the time, but i'm guessing it's because he has the slower hardware cause i don't have problems like that

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Well the server seems to be extremely slow trying to upload and manage torrents through torrentflux. Takes 1-2 minutes just to upload a torrent file and start seeding. I'm thinking the 256mb RAM is nowhere near enough to handle the 100+ torrents im trying to manage. so im going to test the $100/month server just to see if it makes much difference.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Well the server seems to be extremely slow trying to upload and manage torrents through torrentflux. Takes 1-2 minutes just to upload a torrent file and start seeding. I'm thinking the 256mb RAM is nowhere near enough to handle the 100+ torrents im trying to manage. so im going to test the $100/month server just to see if it makes much difference.
    and how much you pay for it ?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    not normal, i have this one :
    Zephyr by

Pre-order only!

• Intel® Pentium™ IV 2.4 GHZ
    • 1024MB DDR-RAM
    • 80GB 7.2K RPM IDE-HDD
    • 3000GB Bandwidth
    and i get 11mb/s upload speed

maybe you have the disk overloaded problem (if the disk is overloaded you will seed @ 10-0.1kb/s lol)
    Vectoral FTW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast