Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Bible

Poster
    Like you said, in a sense it is. But it's obviously not for all audiences if you're not Christian.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i would like everyone to forgive my natural drunkness ...tank u by the way im a bit high so if u dont mind i will carry on seeing the purple mice......ooo pwitty
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Theres no way of knowing if it is

4. Lounge   -   #14
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    knowing what
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    book&nbsp; &nbsp; ( P )&nbsp; Pronunciation Key&nbsp; (bk)
    n.

&nbsp; 1. A set of written, printed, or blank pages fastened along one side and encased between protective covers.
    &nbsp; 2.
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 1. A printed or written literary work.
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 2. A main division of a larger printed or written work: a book of the Old Testament.
    &nbsp; 3.
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 1. A volume in which financial or business transactions are recorded.
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 2. books Financial or business records considered as a group: checked the expenditures on the books.
    &nbsp; 4.
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 1. A libretto.
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 2. The script of a play.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by NightStalker@1 August 2003 - 16:28
    book ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bk)
    n.

&nbsp; 1. A set of written, printed, or blank pages fastened along one side and encased between protective covers.
    &nbsp; 2.
    &nbsp; 1. A printed or written literary work.
    &nbsp; 2. A main division of a larger printed or written work: a book of the Old Testament.
    &nbsp; 3.
    &nbsp; 1. A volume in which financial or business transactions are recorded.
    &nbsp; 2. books Financial or business records considered as a group: checked the expenditures on the books.
    &nbsp; 4.
    &nbsp; 1. A libretto.
    &nbsp; 2. The script of a play.
    &nbsp; 2. A main division of a larger printed or written work: a book of the Old Testament.
    isnt that just a chapter?? if a trilogy is printed as one document, is it then three books??

this puzzles me, i think of a book as something that i can pick up...as the whole thing
    <insert signature here>

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Surely the bible is a book Its a book of law 2000 yrs ago how would you say "chapter ten of article 3 paragraph 7 states that"etc etc rough translation "you shall not murder".to a illiterate layman this was an easy way of getting law understood in story..

And you may ask yourself have i been drinking

answer yes i am pished

8. Lounge   -   #18
    chalkmongoose
    Amarajit, your site could use less banners. It looks awful with the banners attached.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@29 July 2003 - 21:12
    ok, having been inspired by a post in another thread, i wanted to ask this question...i would have posted there, but felt it was off topic (didnt want to go to the lounge )

anyway, in what sense is the bible not a book..... it&#39;s like 66 books or stg; but why? in what sense? what is a book, and how is it defined?
    who reads the bible anyway??

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH

10. Lounge   -   #20
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    usually Christians I guess, and students...man you don&#39;t know a great deal about life do you?
    <insert signature here>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast