Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting To be a habit

Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    It seems like a lot of the Posters are Locking their threads, to avoid SPAM, if this keeps up, we won't call this the Invite section any more.......
    Honestly, I have kept my responses to a minimal....
    It should be call " Just PM me "....LOL..just a thought
    Last edited by Enlightened; 01-24-2008 at 12:14 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Good point to a certain extent..... but in all reality the amount of spamming is unbeleivable. A simple request or giveaway or trade and all of a sudden it's 4 pages long with useless comments....
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    A simple request or giveaway or trade and all of a sudden it's 4 pages long with useless comments....
    A trade/giveaway is a useless comment/post to begin with. It's only expected that users carry on the topic.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Diamonds4Ever's Avatar Anti-What? BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    ya good point, then you get those people who just say good luck mate, or something thats just not related to the topic, and then another person don't like what they're saying, and they will start arguing in the same thread that belongs to somebody else, so some people just started closing it, to avoid those type of people.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Good point to a certain extent..... but in all reality the amount of spamming is unbeleivable. A simple request or giveaway or trade and all of a sudden it's 4 pages long with useless comments....
    On the flip side, it does "bump" up your thread somewhat, I am NOT advocating or condoning the act of Spamming, don't get me wrong...
    Your Post could be "buried' really fast too.......LOL

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Shinigami's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I totally agree with you. It has advantages aswell as disadvantages. An advantage is indeed that your post gets bumped so gets new readers. 2 Disadvantages are that it is full of spam you do not need and that there are a lot of negative comments in it. Especially comments like 'trading is bad' are found in every thread, 'you shouldn't trade this or that'. That's what you think. Just let the guy go ahead and mind your own business, then we don't need to spam your thread

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by LordS View Post
    A simple request or giveaway or trade and all of a sudden it's 4 pages long with useless comments....
    A trade/giveaway is a useless comment/post to begin with. It's only expected that users carry on the topic.
    Well this is a trading forum so I don't see how a trade or giveaway thread is useless. And yes the users that are interested carry on the posts but all the "very nice", "that's not worth that" ect... is useless and then u find urself scanning thru heaps of posts....

Buy yeah on the flip side as stated, it can bump up the thread lol
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    seh's Avatar ______________ BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by LordS View Post
    Whats the invite section for then?

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Cruel's Avatar I'm steak! BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I would like teh invite cause I have meeeeny seedboxes!!
    Presenting your royal highness, our illustrious King Cruel the XIII, self-proclaimed lord of the lemurs, et cetera, et cetera, hooray, everybody.
    Four months and I'm living your dream.
    Silly Rabbit Dreams Are For Kids

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    why don't we take this discussion somewhere else
    i guess it's the wrong section

For Serving Community

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast