Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Thread: oem software

sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Over the years i have used oem software without any problems as well as hardware.

Now i wanted to purchase office 2007 oem every computer shop i have phoned has told me that i can't install the software because it will not work on my machine unless i have a pre installed version on my computer or my machine has to be brand new.

If i have the disk why would i have this problem ?

Are they lieing to me ? they tryed to get me to take my machine into the shop and they install it for me at the same price as what the disk costs 200.

At the end of the day they are telling me i have no chance to have a working copy on my current machine what i wanted to know is are they just trying to squeeze money out of me. I don't have 600 for a pc world copy
    Last edited by sleepyy; 01-24-2008 at 05:04 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Due to the eula when you bought your computer with oem version. Could only be licensed to one computer at a time. The 2007 edition i believe. Why do you want the retail version anyways?

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I want an oem version because it's cheap i built the computer and it runs on an oem xp and has no pre installed software also it's two year's old and the shop owners are telling me that i can't buy an oem version because they can't sell it to the general public which i know about and understand still they want me to take my computer into the shop and they will install it for me on my machine for 200 but it will not include a disk and it will be an oem version.

If i purchased a proper disk for 200 which would be an oem version would it work? i am just a little paranoid because of what they said even though i don't believe them. If i came home and found it not to work i could not get my money back this is why i would rather get a second opinion.

Retail is 500 in pc world

so at the moment i'm quite lost with what to do i have searched on ebay but i'm also scared to get some strange language version or a just a copy for a three digit figure because it has happend to me before with software on ebay and it's really not worth the trouble
    Last edited by sleepyy; 01-24-2008 at 08:10 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    I want an oem version because it's cheap i built the computer and it runs on an oem xp and has no pre installed software also it's two year's old and the shop owners are telling me that i can't buy an oem version because they can't sell it to the general public which i know about and understand still they want me to take my computer into the shop and they will install it for me on my machine for 200 but it will not include a disk and it will be an oem version.

If i purchased a proper disk for 200 which would be an oem version would it work? i am just a little paranoid because of what they said even though i don't believe them. If i came home and found it not to work i could not get my money back this is why i would rather get a second opinion.

Retail is 500 in pc world

so at the moment i'm quite lost with what to do i have searched on ebay but i'm also scared to get some strange language version or a just a copy for a three digit figure because it has happend to me before with software on ebay and it's really not worth the trouble
    Yes it would. Just do a clean install (Format HDD)and use certain activation software or the number supplied with your bought oem disk. Yea oem's could only be installed by a retailer on the spot unless you go buy one from a computer wholesaler store like Microcenter (i have one in my area). That will cut out the middleman. Yes it's possible to do it without them.
    Last edited by grimms; 01-25-2008 at 01:49 AM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!