Thread: Litestep

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Ive used it for a little bit. Im sort of evaluating it a bit Its a pretty nice looking shell and has some cool themes. Kinda reminds me of a linux desktop enviorment like icevm or gnome. If anyone esle has tried it let me know what you think. For those who want to try it out heres the link. You can also get the themes from http://www.wincustomize.com/ in the litestep section.

Btw, this is not a themer for windows, if your looking for that then get stylexp or window blinds. This is a whole different windows shell as opposed to explorer.exe.

http://beyondconvention.net/ohussain/installer.htm

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I downloaded it once because it was a necessary part of a WinStyles suite that I was using at the time. So unfortunately, I do not know how to actually use it. Though from the changes it made in my shell, it is one of those things that you would only appreciate if you do not mind re-learning where all of XP's short-cuts are laid-out. As part of the Object Desktop package, it slowed a few things down more than I cared for it to. The initial extra time load at windows start-up was also something that was alittle less than desireable.

My two-cents: StarDock theming and customizing products are components that only "high-end" PC's need only apply. I guess I just do not have the patience for their products. I cut myself off at purchasing Icon Packager.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Izagaia@29 July 2003 - 19:00
    I downloaded it once because it was a necessary part of a WinStyles suite that I was using at the time. So unfortunately, I do not know how to actually use it. Though from the changes it made in my shell, it is one of those things that you would only appreciate if you do not mind re-learning where all of XP's short-cuts are laid-out. As part of the Object Desktop package, it slowed a few things down more than I cared for it to. The initial extra time load at windows start-up was also something that was alittle less than desireable.

My two-cents: StarDock theming and customizing products are components that only "high-end" PC's need only apply. I guess I just do not have the patience for their products. I cut myself off at purchasing Icon Packager.
    Your right. Ive decided after using litestep that its just not that great. The developer still has a way to go in getting it to be a little more user friendly. And most of the themes I downloaded didnt work right or didnt look half as good as they did when I saw the thumbnail image of it

Im giving it a break for now and maybe one day there will be a better version of it.