Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: upload speed patch?

Charles Lindbergh's Avatar one of the good guys BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Hi people !!!

I think that he had something different on his mind but he didn't know how to explain that. Sorry if this become mistake but I'll try.

Uncapping, in the context of cable modems, refers to a number of activities performed to alter one's internet service provider modem settings. It is sometimes done for the sake of bandwidth (i.e. by buying a 512kbit/s access modem and then altering it to 10Mbit/s), pluggable interfaces (as by using more than one public ID), or any configurable options a DOCSIS modem can offer.

Uncapping may be considered an illegal activity and many internet service providers check modem configuration files nightly to detect uncapped modems. If caught, uncappers risk possible account termination and/or prosecution for theft of service.[citation needed] Note that regardless of legality, uncapping may be a violation of the Terms of Service agreement that the customer has with the ISP.
    First read "Cable Modem Uncapping Theory"

Then you can go to well know place for that kind of stuff and join their forums.

Regards !!!
    Everything is relative.
    Only movement is absolutely.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    Call Comcast, they offer a package with higher than 512 upstream in almost every market they serve. It's $10 more a month.

Ya I know that wasn't the answer you were hoping for, but its an instant upstream boost

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by slimdogp View Post
    Call Comcast, they offer a package with higher than 512 upstream in almost every market they serve. It's $10 more a month.

Ya I know that wasn't the answer you were hoping for, but its an instant upstream boost
    Comcast? They shape your traffic. Gotta love how even though I have 12/2 I cant connect to people bc of the fake packets comcast sends to them forcing a disconnect.

Avoid comcast at all times...if you have a choice. Im switching to DSL next month bc of it. Atleast I know then Ill actually get more uploaded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12