Thread: Activity?

Help this newie

We all know that every private tracker will eventually delete your account if there is no "activity" in a certain time. But I wonder, what does "activity" mean?.
    I mean, if you open utorrent and start d/l and seeding torrents from that tracker, that counts for activity? Or is necessary to enter the tracker and log in with your browser?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    OnEyM's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    entering the site url+seeding. every tracker have their own rules, so if you want to know more, ask tracker staff

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    Some sites require you only to log in, and that would count as activity. Others require you to download/up a min. amount of MB each month.

So you'll have to look into each sites' faqs. But if you want to be sure, just download something to avoid being deleted because of inactivity.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Some sites require you to just log in to the site regardless of your status. some sites only want you to reach a certain status as well as log in. other sites actually want you to use the site they have minimum requirements set over a certain time period in which you have to download/upload something within that set timeframe anything beyond this i have not witnessed.

Also you can find sites you reach a certain user status and you can keep your account forever without having to log in but this is rare and most of the time the requierments are quite hard to achieve
    Last edited by sleepyy; 01-25-2008 at 03:12 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by ByteKnight View Post
    Help this newie

We all know that every private tracker will eventually delete your account if there is no "activity" in a certain time. But I wonder, what does "activity" mean?.
    I mean, if you open utorrent and start d/l and seeding torrents from that tracker, that counts for activity? Or is necessary to enter the tracker and log in with your browser?
    Both by seeding(leecheing) and log in, that way u will for sure be active

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Always read the FAQ of the tracker.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    Also, if their rules are not clear, then asked the in their forums or irc.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    The thing is, that in most FAQs they only say "activity", not specifying what kind of activity. I get the idea now, I'll do what Forumas says just to be sure

Thnks ppl!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Giveaway's Avatar Senior Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    you need to seed or leech somethng
    just do giveaways and help who deserves