Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seedboxes..

jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Well I maintain pretty good ratios on a 15/2 line. I wasn't thinking about getting a seedbox I was just wondering what other people's experiences were. Either way I'd prefer to get invites for getting to know people over my ability to seed anyways.

Fatcat are you still running a seedbox? I think they are really expenisive, the prices I normally see are upward of 120 dollars. Too rich for my blood lol

Jon

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
    I think seedbox, or sexy line (damn swedes ) really helps on public forums. If i plan to invite someone anywhere, i like to see they have a proven way of getting a decent ratio, and climbing through the ranks. While everyone usually says you don't need a good connection for ftn (usually people who aren't on the site), the site staff always want people with healthy lines who love to leech. Nobody wants to have all their invitees being users after 2 months. You don't even need alot of speed, just a way to show you are a users not a collector. Sad thing is its hard to figure now, seeing as most people invited from here i see on ftn, barely post on forums, and barely leech on their accounts.
    And even with my 1mb up (which turns to about 140kb in utorr) I barely kept my 1.3 ratio at sites like SCC and ScT bc of all the seedboxes there.

On a side note: I avoid the FTN irc alot lately, i have seen too many people just arguing and when you step in to try to get them to calm down...they just call you names...its becoming more like RevTT's. I idle in FTN, but I am not to active as far as forums there. And, bc I have a seedbox currently, I dont have time to really leech what I want, I am in the process of boosting my ratio on other sites. I will though once I dont have a seedbox...I will probably get most of my stuff from my 3 freeleech sites.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny81985 View Post
    Well I maintain pretty good ratios on a 15/2 line. I wasn't thinking about getting a seedbox I was just wondering what other people's experiences were. Either way I'd prefer to get invites for getting to know people over my ability to seed anyways.

Fatcat are you still running a seedbox? I think they are really expenisive, the prices I normally see are upward of 120 dollars. Too rich for my blood lol

Jon
    I had to get one. Until my isp gets switched to a different, I have no choice as I cant upload that well with my new isp. I have yet to see 1 torr meet 1.0 ratio from my home connection. So if I wanted to keep all my new accounts...it was either seedbox...or just lose them.
    Last edited by fatcat69; 01-26-2008 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    I've done well for myself and never had a seedbox. Started with 6/512 now I have a 20/1.5...I'm content and so are my trackers. Thought about a sb...would rather spend the money on hardware upgrades.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    On a side note: I avoid the FTN irc alot lately, i have seen too many people just arguing and when you step in to try to get them to calm down...they just call you names...its becoming more like RevTT's. I idle in FTN, but I am not to active as far as forums there. And, bc I have a seedbox currently, I dont have time to really leech what I want, I am in the process of boosting my ratio on other sites. I will though once I dont have a seedbox...I will probably get most of my stuff from my 3 freeleech sites.
    IRC has gone shit recently, dunno if its all the new users, but a lot of the older members have been remarking that lately, a lot of convo is just rubbish spam, and people acting like idiots. I am still hoping cptwiggles or towlie, just gets pissed off and bans all the idiots from irc in one swoop. Thats why i like using irc in the afternoon, when alot of the rowdies leave, and i can talk with some aussies about the cricket (and balajik )

I hate buffering sites. I am in the process of doing that on sct, so i can leech a few shows more freely, and bcg, because i want to be spu, so i can seed 10 torrents at once and not have this bloody SP problem

But yea, as soon as you get an unmetered seedbox, your life turns to shit, because you constantly download stuff hot off the press, and trying to overseed to as many sites as possible. Buts its all worth it in the end, just purely because you no longer have to worry about late leech. Just wish i still had a fast box now so i could get spu a lot faster.

Someone invite me to fsc please

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    why you people pay for piracy, just seed at home you have all the time in the world. paying for seedboxes sound so fictitious to me, money can be spent else where and provide realistic return not a "ratio" or a "buffer" on a "torrent account".

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Rofl who pays for seedboxes. I have yet to have to pay for one, just go make some friends and they start popping up.

Someone invite me to fsc please

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiantian View Post
    why you people pay for piracy, just seed at home you have all the time in the world. paying for seedboxes sound so fictitious to me, money can be spent else where and provide realistic return not a "ratio" or a "buffer" on a "torrent account".
    If people have money to afford it and feel that it worths the money, why not ?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    IMHO definately easier. Simple really check an irc chan for the site apply to be an uploader as long as you have fast up and buy some axx and your away.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    it can be a factor when deciding to invite someone since you know they wont have any ratio problems but at the same time i prefer to invite based on the type of person i think someone is and not just because they can seed well.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    One way in which it can help is to get you a great ratio on sites (handy when peeps offering invites ask you to have a few sites with good ratio), or access to higher ranked forums where you can then ask for invites.

But there is no way its gonna help if your a "bad" member and some people with seed boxes seem to think there allowed to bend rules because they seeded a few torrents really well and not others.

As for paying for a seed box, well if you know the right peeps and are willing to help on there site they might just offer you a seedbox at no cost.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast