Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Is Better , Warez or Bit torrent?

IceTee's Avatar Fo'shizzle my nizzle BT Rep: +2
    Bit torrent.

I like to have a nice chat while I'm looking for something

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    titofat's Avatar The Dark BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I prefer torrent

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Aeyen's Avatar Poster
    IceTee, how do you chat while looking for something with a bit torrent client, mind teaching me ?
    Demonoid all the way

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    kloot's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I usually use RS sites, because I can't use torrents with my supercool uni connection. To be honest, on most popular warez boards, I have never found anything malicious packed into any archive. It's usually fairly straightforward, if there is anything malicious anywhere, then someone else has more than likely reported it, or left a comment saying they had problems.

BT is coming in handy for me now on my new server, there isn't the 25gb per 5 days limit that RS has

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    guliver's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I`m on the torrents side...

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Warez board for ... well, you know warez, torrent for movies and music, DC++ for hard-to-find-mp3s and ebooks.

7. File Sharing   -   #17

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    I use both and why not , what one does n't have the other might . I'm even thinking of nzb ,yet to try it . I like the Rapidshare sites for content but hate the split rars and speed .
    same ehere!

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Warez sites usually have slow/overloaded maybe also unreachable servers, or the new trend they do pack content on One-Click-hosters like Rapidshare, outsourcing the hosting business. I think you meant those "direct download" sites publicly available, the so called web-warez pages, which I also meant by writing this. Those sites usually link to each others, and I find them to be a bit spammed, opaque, commercial.

Open Torrent sites like ThePirateBay depend on people seeding, if there are fair fellows than you can usually get the files better- at least if your own upload is not extremely poor to the extreme.

The question is also if you can call using Rapidshare "direct downloading" from "warez sites". There are of course boards containing many useful Rs links, and having an account for their servers you can leech fast. But this phenomena is actually even newer than p2p and something new and different, although most people trying to use 'direct warez servers' in the past shifted over to Rs/Megaupload etc. I would say former warez sites is something different than Rapidshare Boards.

If you don't have a premium account on the hosters to leech off properly, then for bigger multi split file releases I would give torrent a go, although they are not more secure if the 'rogue guys' are swapping in the torrent you download. Anyway this is all a very wide discussion, and it really also depends on your choice.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by germanio View Post
    I usually use RS sites, because I can't use torrents with my supercool uni connection. To be honest, on most popular warez boards, I have never found anything malicious packed into any archive. It's usually fairly straightforward, if there is anything malicious anywhere, then someone else has more than likely reported it, or left a comment saying they had problems.

BT is coming in handy for me now on my new server, there isn't the 25gb per 5 days limit that RS has

Good point about the comments , as I always read what others say about quality or problems first . On some RS sites you can tell by a members post count on whither its worth the D/L or not .

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeyen View Post
    I agree w/ you mbucari1 but searching rapidshare is so hard,when i'm looking for something, my first stop is TPB and then some of the private trackers and last (which I'd preffer not to use but if I have no choice I will use..) LimeWire . Google is good too when you know how to search
    Searching for RS stuff isn't too bad. I almost always find what I'm looking for withing 2 google searches. I've learned a few tricks that aid in rapidshare searching with google.

Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Good point about the comments , as I always read what others say about quality or problems first . On some RS sites you can tell by a members post count on whither its worth the D/L or not .
    Same here PM, always read the replies for forum links.

I've also found that there are a lot of blogs with links, and I've yet to find an infected blog file.
    Last edited by mbucari1; 01-28-2008 at 04:03 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast