Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: XboX better than PS3??

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Let's see,

Xbox 360:
    - Bigger game selection, although not better.
    - Still uses DVD's for games, HD-DVD is sold separately for $200.
    - HD-DVD is dead.
    - No built in wireless, that's an extra $100.
    - You have to pay to play online.
    - 30% failure rate. Google around a bit, some people have gone through like 7 of them.
    - About 10 SKU's, do you want the Core? Premium? Ultimate? Supreme? Ultra? Super? or the Godlike model?
    - You either get no HDD, a 20gb HDD, or the overpriced one... I think it's 120gb.
    - All the little extras, like paying for batteries for the wireless controllers, etc.

PS3:
    - Game selection isn't the best, but it's getting better and better.
    - Built in Blu Ray player, the most advanced one too.
    - Blu Ray profile updates will be available through firmware updates.
    - Built in wireless.
    - Free online play.
    - Upconverts normal DVD's to 1080p.
    - Depending on model, you can play PS1 and PS2 games, upconverted to 1080p.
    - Plays everything from AVC to Xvid video files.
    - Rechargeable bluetooth controllers.
    - The smallest HDD you get is 40gb. The PS3 is designed so that you can change the HDD easily. Sony allows it, it does not void your warranty. My PS3 is using a 250gb HDD right now.

I'm sure there are things I missed for both consoles. I'm also sure that at least one person will flame me for this post... then go back to his RRoD.

*hides*

Found it, this guy went through 7 of them:
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/22/x...cked-consoles/

Here's another interesting article, this guy waited forever, and they sent him a refurb:
    http://www.weplayxbox.com/2007/06/26...-your-console/

This guy went through 11 of them:
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160603

Red Rings of Death, overheating, scratching discs, oh my!
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 01-29-2008 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Games   -   #22
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by silent h3ro View Post
    Xbox 360

• better game selection (bigger library of games than PS3)
    • more and better exclusive titles than the PS3
    • Xbox Live (better than PSN, or Playstation Network)
    • Gamerpoints/ Achievements (this is your own opinion, IMO, I don't really care)
    • Xbox was made mostly just with games in mind as opposed to the PS3 which is really geared the same towards Blu Ray movies just as much as games at the moment.
    • Overall more expensive if you want the extras (wireless adapter is not built into the console - $100 extra)

PS3

• Has better Media Capabilities (most advanced Blu Ray player on the market and the best. (Blu Ray has a huge advantage, as in market share, over Betama...I mean HD-DVD).
    • More reliable for most than the Xbox 360.
    • PS3 has third party peripheral support (ex. G25 racing wheel, any webcam support), no proprietary Microsoft bullshit (Xbox only lets you use their 360 wireless wheel and the Logitech wheel made just for the 360).

Both have the same streaming capabilities.

I recommend looking at both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 exclusive games and base your decision off of that if you can only live with or afford only one console.
    Good post.

I'd add that M$ controllers use batteries while the PS3's are rechargeable.

The downside is I don't know what happens when the PS3 battery flames out.
    I use 2 sets of Energizer NimH rechargable batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker View Post
    Let's see,

Xbox 360:
    - Bigger game selection, although not better.
    - Still uses DVD's for games, HD-DVD is sold separately for $200.
    - HD-DVD is dead.
    - No built in wireless, that's an extra $100.
    - You have to pay to play online.
    - 30% failure rate. Google around a bit, some people have gone through like 7 of them.
    - About 10 SKU's, do you want the Core? Premium? Ultimate? Supreme? Ultra? Super? or the Godlike model?
    - You either get no HDD, a 20gb HDD, or the overpriced one... I think it's 120gb.
    - All the little extras, like paying for batteries for the wireless controllers, etc.

PS3:
    - Game selection isn't the best, but it's getting better and better.
    - Built in Blu Ray player, the most advanced one too.
    - Blu Ray profile updates will be available through firmware updates.
    - Built in wireless.
    - Free online play.
    - Upconverts normal DVD's to 1080p.
    - Depending on model, you can play PS1 and PS2 games, upconverted to 1080p.
    - Plays everything from AVC to Xvid video files.
    - Rechargeable bluetooth controllers.
    - The smallest HDD you get is 40gb. The PS3 is designed so that you can change the HDD easily. Sony allows it, it does not void your warranty. My PS3 is using a 250gb HDD right now.

I'm sure there are things I missed for both consoles. I'm also sure that at least one person will flame me for this post... then go back to his RRoD.

*hides*

Found it, this guy went through 7 of them:
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/22/x...cked-consoles/

Here's another interesting article, this guy waited forever, and they sent him a refurb:
    http://www.weplayxbox.com/2007/06/26...-your-console/

This guy went through 11 of them:
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160603

Red Rings of Death, overheating, scratching discs, oh my!
    Wow, a genuine PS3 fanboy.

Observe the above quote and how it fails to mention almost anything bad about the PS3. There's no mention of the PS3s multiple SKUs, the fact that for both systems all the SKUs are barely sold anymore, or that it matters one jot.

No mention of PSN not being as good and XBL is a little more than $4 a month.

No mention that, on a whole, the PS3's games don't look as good (Burnout Paradise I heard does though by a smidgen).

No mention that the newer PS3 SKUs (it's hard to find a 20 or 60 GB, they are no longer produced) either have NO backward compatibility with PS1/2 or have limited software emulation.

Fanboys are not objective at all. I'd if he owns both consoles or is it "I play my friend's 360 all the time".

Oh mine hasn't RRoDed....yet. I wish it would but then again I might have to go through more than one console.

I did forget to mention that there are people hoping to get newer Falcon chip models and/or ones with HDMI that are purposely fucking their 360s up.

Leaving the bitch on forever wrapped it in a towel.

One thing of note: Whichever one you buy, DON'T PUT IT A CABINET. LEAVE IT IN THE OPEN AIR.

I have both systems on a tall metal rack. The 360 gets hot but the PS3 get hotter. Either way heed the warning. They have hard drives ffs.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 01-30-2008 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Games   -   #23
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Observe the above quote and how it fails to mention almost anything bad about the PS3. There's no mention of the PS3s multiple SKUs, the fact that for both systems all the SKUs are barely sold anymore, or that it matters one jot.

No mention that, on a whole, the PS3's games don't look as good (Burnout Paradise I heard does though by a smidgen).

No mention that the newer PS3 SKUs (it's hard to find a 20 or 60 GB, they are no longer produced) either have NO backward compatibility with PS1/2 or have limited software emulation.

Fanboys are not objective at all. I'd if he owns both consoles or is it "I play my friend's 360 all the time".

Oh mine hasn't RRoDed....yet. I wish it would but then again I might have to go through more than one console.

I did forget to mention that there are people hoping to get newer Falcon chip models and/or ones with HDMI that are purposely fucking their 360s up.

One thing of note: Whichever one you buy, DON'T PUT IT A CABINET. LEAVE IT IN THE OPEN AIR.

I have both systems on a tall metal rack. The 360 gets hot but the PS3 get hotter. Either way heed the warning. They have hard drives ffs.
    Haha, I felt like a huge fanboy typing up that post. :p

You have to admit though, a lot of the negative things about the Xbox 360 are true... although I don't really see too many negative things about the PS3.

- Sure, the PS3 does have a few SKU's, but compared to the Xbox 360... c'mon now. They had everything from the Legendary Halo edition to the random ass Xbox 360 "Arcade" edition.

- I don't understand why people keep saying XBL is better than PSN. Why? What's so much better about it? I play COD4 and Burnout Paradise online. Everything is awesome. They have demos, downloadable games, HD movie trailers. The usual. I remember seeing the "blades" interface on my friends 360... and it looked okay I guess. What I can't seem to understand is why on earth there are ADS inside of the menus.

- The backward compatibility isn't bad on the 80gb models, it's probably the same as the Xbox 360's... its supposed to work with around 98% of games. I'm not sure, I bought the 60gb one.

- Xbox 360 games look better than PS3 games? You sure? =/

You should feel lucky yours hasn't RRoD'd yet. Sure, a lot of people bring it on themselves by leaving it on forever, or putting it into a cabinet, but face it... a lot of people get the RRoD for no reason. Shit just happens I guess.

Honestly, I don't hate Xbox 360's. I loved my original Xbox more than my PS2. Xbox 360's have a few things I'd like the PS3 to have, like in-game XMB, and custom soundtracks for all games, not just some. Oh well. I was going to get an Xbox 360, but that 30% failure rate is what scared me off...

4. Games   -   #24
    svr's Avatar Ultimata Warrior BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    X0 isnt very durable. They break if you even look at them wrong way. I had one a while and sometimes I would get 3 RROD when booting up the box and sometimes I didnt. And then the dvd drive broke while I was playing. Got new one from warranty and sold the piece of crap. Never looked back.

But I gotta say X0 controller is way better than PS3's. That small thing just dont fit my hand and some of my friends said same thing.

Games, X0 wins hands down.

5. Games   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Haha, I felt like a huge fanboy typing up that post. :p

You have to admit though, a lot of the negative things about the Xbox 360 are true... although I don't really see too many negative things about the PS3.

- Sure, the PS3 does have a few SKU's, but compared to the Xbox 360... c'mon now. They had everything from the Legendary Halo edition to the random ass Xbox 360 "Arcade" edition.

- I don't understand why people keep saying XBL is better than PSN. Why? What's so much better about it? I play COD4 and Burnout Paradise online. Everything is awesome. They have demos, downloadable games, HD movie trailers. The usual. I remember seeing the "blades" interface on my friends 360... and it looked okay I guess. What I can't seem to understand is why on earth there are ADS inside of the menus.

- The backward compatibility isn't bad on the 80gb models, it's probably the same as the Xbox 360's... its supposed to work with around 98% of games. I'm not sure, I bought the 60gb one.

- Xbox 360 games look better than PS3 games? You sure? =/

You should feel lucky yours hasn't RRoD'd yet. Sure, a lot of people bring it on themselves by leaving it on forever, or putting it into a cabinet, but face it... a lot of people get the RRoD for no reason. Shit just happens I guess.

Honestly, I don't hate Xbox 360's. I loved my original Xbox more than my PS2. Xbox 360's have a few things I'd like the PS3 to have, like in-game XMB, and custom soundtracks for all games, not just some. Oh well. I was going to get an Xbox 360, but that 30% failure rate is what scared me off...
    Yeah the people that I know that get a 360 NOW get the Elite and haven't heard of RRoD with those.

I only comment cause I own both systems have played them for awhile. I own the 60 GB as well. Imo, this is the best version, you get all the ports plus full backward compatibility. No other SKU has that.

What's weird is only PS3 fanboys tend to mentions the ads. I either barely notice them or notice them because it's letting me know of something that I didn't know.

In essence, the ads work and it's not done in a bad way.

Btw, I in no way make excuses for RRoD. I just know that the failure rate might be skewed a bit in favor of people trying to get an updated 360. I also know there a PS3 fanboys posting about their RRoD and don't even own a 360.

That's why I said fanboys lack objectivity. They say all that's right and glorious which with their precious system even calling other fanboys "brother".

It's quite sickening.

I think the problem is worse than when folks had to buy a second PS2 cuz they were messing up but at least M$ extended the warranty by sending another fucked up 360 for free.

I wouldn't worry about getting 360 now that you have a PS3. Why front the money?

I had mine for awhile now and have enjoyed the exclusives.

I am hearing No More Heroes is great for the Wii but it looks like a shit button masher to me. I have enough games to play so I'll hold off.

My motto is that if you stay behind the curve of buying games when they come out that by the time you are ready to play said game, it'll be at bargain bin prices.

I found Full Auto 2 and Untold Legends Dark Kingdom for $16.

Are they at least slightly above average games?

I thought Heavenly Sword was a rental and Lair should have offered full analog control.

I still have to play Uncharted and R&C TOD but again....one game at a time.

6. Games   -   #26
    My friend got another firmware fixed cd samsung rom and burns the games downloaded in usenet or copied from videothek simply as image on verbatim media with clone dvd for example
    and runs nice- but now without online-he is a bit angry that icrosoft fuck his console online
    sorry for my english.this friend will get his 8800 gts 512 and i think he will forget his console after littlte time.Sorry my english is baad
    PS3:blueray-nice.see on youtube or myvideo one half of the screen xbox360 other half PS3 and make your own choice..

7. Games   -   #27
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I can think of a few ways: Xbox Live Arcade, full downloadable T.V. shows and movies (which I doubt many people on this forum does since it costs $$), better friend options (I guess you could count this as a plus for the console O/S itself), and more players. Also the ability to use prepaid Microsoft points on Xbox Live, in addition to a credit card, the latter is only what PSN lets you use. Xbox Live lets you purchase last generation (Xbox 1) games where as with PSN they only allow you to download PS1 games - Sony is still marketing their PS2, rightly so I guess.

Rip The Jacker - Btw, Microsoft has a 3 year warranty on all Xboxes and the new boxes have 65nm cpus (cooler, more efficient) as opposed to 95nm and will eventually move to a 65nm GPU as well and possibly down to a 45nm manufacturing process. The 30% failure rate is going down but you need to pay the price/ wait it out if you are really worried.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 01-31-2008 at 12:49 AM.

8. Games   -   #28
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    That fantastic controller the ps3 doesn't work correctly in most of the games on the ps3. The xbox is better because it has better games, xboxlive, more stable games and accessories. The 360 is pretty much the next gen ps2 lol.
    Thats a fairly uneducated statement you got thar

9. Games   -   #29
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Here's a response to the people saying the PS3 controller is better

GamePro tests the wireless stamina of Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3 controllers in comparison.

Microsoft's Xbox 360 controllers are the most weighted when compared to either Wii or PS3 -- by far. They also pack the most rumble punch, shaking profusely during intense gaming moments. So it would make sense to think the added density and tactile feedback would drain batteries with haste, but our lab results proved quite the contrary. The Xbox 360 controller endured an impressive 56 hours and 56 minutes, the most of any wireless controller we tested.
    The dashboard battery meter isn't as accurate as PS3 or Wii, but for maximum gaming on a single battery charge, the Xbox 360 can't be beat.

So which battery setup works best? That, like the consoles themselves, is entirely subjective. The PS3 controller is rechargeable, the Wii Remote customizable, and the Xbox 360 long-lasting. Now that's playing with power.
    1. PS3 has no rumble (yes you can get use to it I give the ps3 fan boys that, but it does get you into the game more)
    2. Xbox 360's controller has a better battery life
    3. "Size" How tiny are your hands? Mine are in no way big but PS3's controller is so small and uncomfortable because of that.
    4. The controller does not make the fact that there is nothing to play on the PS3 any better.

10. Games   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz View Post
    Here's a response to the people saying the PS3 controller is better

GamePro tests the wireless stamina of Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3 controllers in comparison.

Microsoft's Xbox 360 controllers are the most weighted when compared to either Wii or PS3 -- by far. They also pack the most rumble punch, shaking profusely during intense gaming moments. So it would make sense to think the added density and tactile feedback would drain batteries with haste, but our lab results proved quite the contrary. The Xbox 360 controller endured an impressive 56 hours and 56 minutes, the most of any wireless controller we tested.
    The dashboard battery meter isn't as accurate as PS3 or Wii, but for maximum gaming on a single battery charge, the Xbox 360 can't be beat.

So which battery setup works best? That, like the consoles themselves, is entirely subjective. The PS3 controller is rechargeable, the Wii Remote customizable, and the Xbox 360 long-lasting. Now that's playing with power.
    1. PS3 has no rumble (yes you can get use to it I give the ps3 fan boys that, but it does get you into the game more)
    2. Xbox 360's controller has a better battery life
    3. "Size" How tiny are your hands? Mine are in no way big but PS3's controller is so small and uncomfortable because of that.
    4. The controller does not make the fact that there is nothing to play on the PS3 any better.
    Ehh??? What kind of batteries were used in the 360 controller? What brand?

If you use regular alkalines, they last longer than NimH rechargeable (on a single charge) for instance.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast