Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: avatar and age

Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Paedophile.
    Oh, hai, Squeamous. You seem nice.

I can't decide, tho', whether your one word riposte was an answer to my rhetoric musing or a response to my assertion that age doesn't really matter when talking to someone on a message bored.

No, it surely has to be the former. The only possible way you could equate reading the words of a teenager to 'sniffing around' them would be if seeing their prose engendered the trouser wowsers.
    Alright alright, calm down. Anyone would think I'd called you fat.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Hehehe....seriously though. There are a few interesting under-18s but not many. Maybe 1 in 4 will have something interesting to say not related 100% to themselves but on the whole they're just sociopathic little shits. I know, I used to be one. That in itself is bearable even en-masse, but so few seem to be able to relay what they're thinking in a way I can understand. It's got to the point that I'm actually shocked when I meet anyone under 18 who can function at all around people who are older than them.
    Oh yeah, I pretty much agree - it's simple to discern in this environment whether a person is worth bothering to speak to, and the vast majority of teenagers simply aren't.

However, when a new person (or a new handle, anyway) posts for the first time, I try to let my reaction to them be influenced by their words rather than their avatar, age or moniker. As I said, tho, maybe none of that matters anyhow as it normally just depends what mood I'm in. Mostly I feel like a sarcastic twat
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Oh, hai, Squeamous. You seem nice.

I can't decide, tho', whether your one word riposte was an answer to my rhetoric musing or a response to my assertion that age doesn't really matter when talking to someone on a message bored.

No, it surely has to be the former. The only possible way you could equate reading the words of a teenager to 'sniffing around' them would be if seeing their prose engendered the trouser wowsers.
    Alright alright, calm down. Anyone would think I'd called you fat.
    If you did, I'd be so cross.

Might even use curse words and angry smilies.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Well yeah, they normally give themselves away well enough without pictoral evidence as well. Phrases like 'Wud ne1 els hit this she-male.....I think she's hawt' or 'I dont no wether to dump my gf or not because she got no bewbs and i like it when there big' generally give the game away.

Shit, it's just taken me about 5 minutes of hard thought to write like that....maybe they're quite smart after all......

5. Lounge   -   #25
    If you did, I'd be so cross.

Might even use curse words and angry smilies.
    Oooo, I'll save that one for later then.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    squemous , i have a red light too in my avatar

7. Lounge   -   #27
    OMG. We're practically sisters!

8. Lounge   -   #28
    fat sisters ?

9. Lounge   -   #29
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Squeamous is a girl?

Now I'm thinking that 'trouser wowsers' may not have been the best turn of phrase earlier
    Damn Mulder and his infectious memes.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    I think a person's age on the internet is as irrelevant as their skin colour, for example.
    If a 14 year old puts together some thoughtful, interesting or entertaining prose, I'd treat it in the same way as if it was the composition of a 50 year old. Contemptuously, most likely, but that would depend on my mood rather than how long the person had been alive.
    that's definitely true

For Serving Community

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast