Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: 1.7.7 folks!

Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I don't care which utorrent I use. I just wish the sites would agree instead of all banning different versions. It's pathetic.
    Now go away.

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    TankGrrl's Avatar p-p-p-pow! BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Submission View Post
    1.6.1 is vulnerable why the hell are people keeping it around?
    because it is not owned by the MPAA p2p police!

Meh...I don't even know if I believe this shit. Last time they said 1.6.1 was affected then it wasn't then it was and now this.

After all this shit I'm thinking it's time to fuck UTorrent off all together. BitTorrent inc has completely ruined the best client out there.
    i used to love utorrent but all this is making me want to find a new proggy to use...

Listen up, cause I'm only telling you this once. I'm not bedtime story lady, so pay attention. The world is *screwed* now.
    No celebrities, no cable TV, no water. It hasn't rained in 11 years. Now 20 people gotta squeeze inside the same bathtub - so it ain't all bad.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    uTorrent is still the king of torrent programs. Who cares who owns it as long as it does not transmit any information to them? If it is still doing what its designed to, whats the big deal? As for the updates, if there is exploits, I'm glad they are addressing them with updates. I do not wish to be exploited, perhaps you all do?
    Windows releases updates once a week for christs sakes, this is how the tech world goes, you should all be used to it by now. Mainstream programs have to have the capibility to fix bugs as they are found, as they are attacked simply because they are popular.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    sscape's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Time for an upgrade.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Edit : I DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING I'M OUT OF THIS DAMN THREAD
    Last edited by YoYoY; 01-29-2008 at 05:12 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    1.7.7 is here:p

Waiting for a Waffle InviteAnyone?

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    typeoholic's Avatar Poster
    They made the uTorrent icon just a bit darker shade of green than it already was.

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    There is a new icon for 1.8.
    Live long and prosper.

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Oh for a decent BT client other than uTorrent or Azureus. Just a pity there is not an alternative acceptable by all trackers. Anyone got any ideas?

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    It is broke, read my post page 6 for proof.
    That's not any kind of proof. It is a claim made by uT staffers which cannot be backed up by anybody.

Take one group of uT staffers willing to lie about things so 1.6.1 will be killed off, a complete lack of information on how to recreate the bug, and the lack of even a single report in their bug forum about it and they'll have to do more to convince me.

They already got it wrong last time, this time there is not even the slightest chance for anyone else to verify their claims. It's extremely convenient for them.

I wont be recommending any upgrades till I can verify this myself.

The reason for them wanting everyone out of UT1.6.1 is simple, they were not the makers of the 1.6.1. Bittorrent inc bought ut after the ut 1.6.1 release. Stick with UT 1.6.1 as there is nothing wrong with it.

Maybe every site should just ban Utorrent and just be done with it. Utorrent is only hurtting them self with all the lies and BS.

Wild

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast