Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: tips for becoming an anti trader..

Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear View Post

The correct way, in terms of trackers and the reason they were made, were so you could invite your friends/people you know. Obviously this is flawed purely because how many people do you know in real life, who torrent etc, but most sites still remain adamant that you shouldn't invite unknown people/people from public forums.
    there is more than 1 way of knowing people. You can know them through forum board like FST, use pm, chat over messager or irc....and trust me majority don't get into those site via giveaway....instead they get into site because someone trusts them.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post

Just curious. What is the "correct way" to get invites? Just want to know your meaning of that?
    The correct way, in terms of trackers and the reason they were made, were so you could invite your friends/people you know. Obviously this is flawed purely because how many people do you know in real life, who torrent etc, but most sites still remain adamant that you shouldn't invite unknown people/people from public forums.

But taking the words from my newly respected forum user, That1Guy, I am done here. (too hot inside )

EDIT: one last thing, would love to see the other true question of this thread answered, why fatcat and grimm have so many posts on here, but can't manage a few on other sites communities.
    This is my favorite forum for BT. I have other forums non relating to BT. But if you have iTS, FTN, FSC, or Boxtorrents i'm pretty active in those forums. I also go by a different name insome others. Thanks for pointing me out though. Wow are we that hated by you guys. Answer that for me panda?

Edit: Also how many people in REAL LIFE who are your friends do you know know how to use bittorent. Not many for me one or two maybe at best. I have alot of friends online that i trust and liek to talk to so i give invites to them. Real life friends barely know what a torrent file means nevermind on how to create one and join a tracker.
    Last edited by grimms; 01-27-2008 at 01:27 AM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny81985 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    does anyone have brilliant sugesstions,as to what it takes to become one?

anti traders ....hmm i dont know much about them it was there even before i joined this community....but atleast watching the few latest(oct 2007) anti traders it would suggest the only thing they do is....
    spam spam spam....post everywhere you r not required to post ...consider yourself bigger and better then traders and call others as kids....and make posts to prove it...here are a few examples...

this is being said by someone who goes thru everyones(whoever requests for and "ITS" invite) posting history to find out who has traded and who hasnt traded so that he would assist the "ITS"community representative in giving out invites to non traders...its not the question of being a trader or anti trader...he thinks i take torrenting and forums seriously because i asked him not to make fun of some guy who had lost fsc account of his while he goes thru everyones (whoever requests for and "ITS" invite) posting history and finds it normal and fullfilling part of his time....
    and to top it all off..
    in the end he suggests some made up lame sugesstion regarding the thread so that his post of his wouldnt be considered as spam...fatcat would have rather sugessted that go to www.whatismyip.com and make sure that ip matches the ip he had used when he was using his fsc account..and also teach him how to post screen shots of the accounts...

and no i didnt take me forever to think about this.. yesterday was my bday and i didnt want to start an argument then...

here is an other example
    some people do take this shit all too seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Yes indeed.
    here is a guy who has

* Total Posts: 1,873
    * Posts Per Day: 20.74
    * Most active in BitTorrent Invites with 784 posts. ( 41.81% )
    * Find all posts by grimms
    * Find all threads started by grimms

General Information

* Last Activity: Today 12:21 PM

in less then 3 months he has posted 1900 posts with 21 posts each day,and he thinks someone else takes the internet seriously....

guys like these they just want to prove they are cool and the most popular person in the whole world...i just hate them for their posts,not that anyone would care about what i think about them...

i know i am very insignificant part of this community..but still...i really want to know if there is anything more then "hating traders and spamming and making fun of people(mostly traders,pretty much everyone else who is not an anti trader)" do these anti-traders stand for...just curious .....i need mature people to reply who know what they r talking about

dont tell me anti traders account for better community...

grimms

(add to friends) - (add to blocks) - (Report User)
    Join date 2007-12-10 21:58:14 (6 weeks ago) Last seen2008-01-26 09:34:59 (9 hours ago) Last checked2008-01-26 18:53:51 (2 mins ago) Share ratio2.506Avatar ClassUser GenderMale Age30 Torrent comments1 (1/Day)Forum posts18 (1/Day)and here is where he has posted most of his posts in the webpage forum is..
    Other Sites
    Chat and invitations concerning other tracker websites

12-25-07, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69
    invites are going to open up soon I have heard, so if you dont want to trade an account and can wait a few weeks, youll be able to get in for free
    12-29-07, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    Definition of awesomeness:

The owner of BCG is here on fst.
    The owner is pretty cool and down to earth
    The owner granted me the most kick ass gift of xmas, an account there!

So the moral of the story....

you never know who is who here on the internet...so always be cool and polite and spread cheer otherwise you might regret what you say/do to people.

Thanks again to my anonymous friend!
    Join date2007-12-29 05:24:56 (4 weeks ago) Last seen2008-01-26 15:08:33 (3 hours ago) Share ratio3.983 Avatar ClassPower User Thank Yous1 SP OverviewView SP details Torrent comments0 Forum posts0
    both of them have good ratios ...but who doesnt...atleast the traders i know of have better ratios..
    for those who have soo many posts.....>1000 here on fst ,is it soo hard to have atleast more then 30 posts in the forums of the community they belong to.....soo much for the war between trading and anti trading
    and how anti traders make a better community...atleast traders are honest in what they do...in the end both trading and anti trading are just means to get the invites to bigger and better places...both are shit....
    traders say they are shit and they try get the invites to the sites they want to be in.....
    anti traders make everyone think traders are shit,so that no one realises how shitty anti traders are and they try get the invites to the sites they want to be in

that is the only difference

Both these users you are commenting on in my experience are extremely nice, helpful, and very active on their respective trackers.

A good example of this is I spent almost an hour talking to one of the people your post outlines in the irc of a tracker that shall remain nameless.

If you want to be a trader that is your buisness, get your invites from other traders. There is no need to start a thread about people who have done nothing but helped others around here and try to portray them as scam artists

Jon
    The two people I am attesting for are grimms and fatcat, I can assure you it's BS the way this guy is portraying them

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Nvm
    Last edited by supper; 01-27-2008 at 01:50 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Well well well the little whinner has post a big cry baby thread.

I dont really need to post much because you just proved my point and notice how not one person here is backing you up and why I have 8 pm's from my friends here laughin at your and telling me to come here and drag you all over the threads.

I would do that, but youve done it for me.

However I will correct one thing I noticed that actually did offend me.

Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    and to top it all off..
    in the end he suggests some made up lame sugesstion regarding the thread so that his post of his wouldnt be considered as spam...fatcat would have rather sugessted that go to www.whatismyip.com and make sure that ip matches the ip he had used when he was using his fsc account..and also teach him how to post screen shots of the accounts...

FOr being such a smart ass, you seem not smart enough to know what a seedbox is....lol.

I find it very funny that you only posted my ratios and not the rest of the stats. Go back to stalking me and post the actual numbers...actually ill do it for you, so the story is straight. These are my upload stats at a few trackers I just recently joined.

FSC: 55gb in 1 week
    ScL: 220gb in 1 week
    BCG: 135gb in 4 weeks (with 4 torrents)
    ScT: 200gb in 4 weeks
    iTS 165gb in 4 weeks
    FTN: 67gb in 2 weeks (only on like 5 torrents)

Theres the numbers, let everyone judge me if they wish to judge me on a good user.

As for being active in forums, I can only post in so many forums at a time. I have 10 trackers that I mainly hang out in, but I post in the forums there not often...most of them arent super active.

And i spend most of my time in irc, thats all you know, hence why i am friends with alot of staff at all the sites i am in...

you are a freak of nature man, do you have restraining orders against you for stalking women too? Seriously man its a forum, you lost, now making a big deal is just going to show every single person here...and hell you know I am going to post a link to this in every irc so everyone knows you!

Hell, 2 of the people who told me about this thread are staff at those trackers I mentioned above.

For the record, I am against trading of trackers I am a part of, as far as the iTS stuff you commented on, the staff love that I post in here, so if you think otherwise, you can pm the sysop himself and ask him what he thinks of me. Go ahead. Hell, why dont you tell any staff you know that knows me to post in here...I can safely say they will not appreciate your negative comments towards 2 of their users. As Grimms is in every site I am in.

I think the fact that I am in all those trackers after being active here for a little over a month shows that I am not a bad person, people who I am friends with attest to that. Just click my profile and go through my friends list, a lot of very active members are listed in there.

Squirr3l is right, you left him and spark out. LOL those guys are = to me...hell we are all friends lol So add them to the list...hell add why dont you ask any of the sysops at those high level sites who invited me, as if I have earned his trust, that again shows the kind of user I am.

Go back to your basement and play doom or something...stop embarrassing yourself. It is very sad that you made a thread attacking grimms and me when we are here to help people. We have all the trackers yet we are still here active in the forums. That should be a sign that we are good users, and we are damn good users, otherwise staff wouldnt stand up for us and invite us to their trackers.

See I dont live on my computer 24/7 so I cant post everywhere. I prefer to be very active in the forums at one or two trackers rather then barely active at any. Ps...is this you in the photo? Cause thatd be my bet based on your personal skills that you are display.

PS. I dont think Stoi appreciates you copying user data off of his tracker....just an idea kid.

Last edited by fatcat69; 01-27-2008 at 02:10 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I think alot of you don't seem to understand this whole thing. There are traders who trade stuff, there are non-traders who giveaway stuff, then there is anti-traders, who are non-traders, except they consider their job to be the e-police, and stop traders doing what they do. I would like to see some real responses from anti-traders rather than "trading is bad" or " without my anti-trader ways, i wouldn't of gotten where i have" The real question asked is why do you badger traders.
    I think you are missing the point a little bit, but I like your idea. There are basically three groups of people

Traders--people who trade

Non-Traders--people who don't trade

and

Anti-Traders--people who don't trade, and have a reason they don't trade.

The difference between non-traders and anti-traders obviously has nothing to do with trading (Since neither group trades). Anti-traders are non-traders who have publically stated that they choose not to trade because they think trading is wrong. Non-traders = "Doesn't trade" Anti-traders = "Doesn't trade because it is wrong."

As an anti-trader myself, if I have an invite that I would like to give away, I'd prefer to give it to an anti-trader first, a non-trader second, and a trader third. Non-traders can be problematic--what if the reason a person doesn't trade is that he has nothing to trade? Another thing about anti-traders is that they probably have something that they could give away if they wanted to.

I do not see myself (or other anti-traders) as members of the "e-police" and I don't spend my time tracking down traders or spamming threads.

For what it's worth, this thread title is misleading "Tips for becoming an anti-trader." If you want to become an anti-trader it's quite easy: First: Don't trade. Second: declare yourself to be an anti-trader.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by avoozl View Post

I think you are missing the point a little bit, but I like your idea. There are basically three groups of people

Traders--people who trade

Non-Traders--people who don't trade

and

Anti-Traders--people who don't trade, and have a reason they don't trade.

The difference between non-traders and anti-traders obviously has nothing to do with trading (Since neither group trades). Anti-traders are non-traders who have publically stated that they choose not to trade because they think trading is wrong. Non-traders = "Doesn't trade" Anti-traders = "Doesn't trade because it is wrong."

As an anti-trader myself, if I have an invite that I would like to give away, I'd prefer to give it to an anti-trader first, a non-trader second, and a trader third. Non-traders can be problematic--what if the reason a person doesn't trade is that he has nothing to trade? Another thing about anti-traders is that they probably have something that they could give away if they wanted to.

I do not see myself (or other anti-traders) as members of the "e-police" and I don't spend my time tracking down traders or spamming threads.

For what it's worth, this thread title is misleading "Tips for becoming an anti-trader." If you want to become an anti-trader it's quite easy: First: Don't trade. Second: declare yourself to be an anti-trader.
    i don't trade and i have reasons not to trade...yet i am not an anti-trader.

So, i would define anti-trader to be someone who openly criticizes trading because in his perspective it's the right thing to do.

Well, i am doing it in this thread but from anti-trader POV

and i respect your opinion but i can't find myself following that pattern "I'd prefer to give it to an anti-trader first, a non-trader second, and a trader third."

I personally view user as good or bad, deserving or non-deserving and i would invite or not invite him regardless what class he belongs to (trader, anti-trader, or non-trader; of course i wouldn't invite him if he wishes to trade acct created through my invite).

it's likely to think, "he is a trader...that is he is bad and non-deserving" but that's not the point in am trying to make. I would not invite a anti-trader or even a non-trader...if i precieve him as bad or non-deserving user.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    I would not invite a anti-trader or even a non-trader...if i precieve him as bad or non-deserving user.
    Hmm?..Good way to put it. I like your perspective on that as well. I am an anti trader but, i like your logic on this particular quote. Good point.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    listen grimms...you have already posted too many times in this thread,i cant reply to each of them.....fine i agree to whatever u say ......but the question is.."is that what you use as an excuse for having not posted not 1000 not 500 not 100 but 30 posts....forget about 30,how about 21 posts...wait thats the no of posts you post here in 1 day.....
    • Total Posts: 1,944
    • Posts Per Day: 21.35
    • Most active in BitTorrent Invites with 828 posts. ( 42.55% )
    are you trying to fool everyone by telling how good of a community member you r by telling which all sites(FTN,ITS,FSC,... you r a member of ?,which was totally unnecessary ,IS THIS NOT JUST AN OTHER SHOWOFF as to how many different sites you r a member of,and guess what i know people like you, i bet you dont have 400 posts in any of the sites you mention because instead of writing such huge posts you would have posted your stats by now and yelling at the top of your voice...,even if you did it doesnt matter when you stand for something like anti trading you gotta have uncompromising standards,you have let down or downplayed your "the vault" account, with that goes all your ideals,........this is what exactly i mean by "anti traders make everyone think traders are shit,so that no one realises how shitty anti traders are and they try get the invites to the sites they want to be in
    "
    ... and yeah one more thing fat cat was already here before you logged in,this thread might have hit his blind spot,or he chose to ignore it....even if he is gonna come back with any sort of explanation then it better be sumthing worth replying to...

i will tell you what ....all this spamming by you both "so called anti traders" is just to grab attention of those people who already have access to the higher level sites you want to be a member of.....you guys are no good ,you are older then me ,you r more experienced then me you should know better how to handle yourself....if you find that mentioning your age might be very unprofessional of me..then i would say,if i had a wife and a daughter to take care of i wouldnt be bothered about which torrent site i am and i am not into...and you know what i think i just hit the jack pot of all ,in the irc....not i have sufficient proof to get them all...but since i am a good person i will give them a chance to confess "here is the guys who are in question "maddoxo,cucupi(hunim),squirr3l....,what ever you guys were planning to do was as bad as scamming some one,wait it is scamming some one.....here is a chance to gracefully get banned from here ...i am waiting,dont make me a bad person by posting against you, may be ip stealing might ring you a bell"sugestion next time you make these so called master plans about stealing ip's be sure you do it in private

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    i always knew u were in iTS IRC

and that is why i never openly talked about IP loggin. As long as the IRC log isn't manipulated, it won't hold anything against me

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast