Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why ask for Ratio proof?

sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    So it's quite clear you can be fooled if you have no skills in image editing i know i was .Its very good to see it being pointed out as well what can be done with tools
    Last edited by sleepyy; 01-27-2008 at 03:05 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    yea, most people aren't very good at photoshop. But that is why people usualy ask for ratio proof at that specific date and time. or if there is a search user feature on the tracker, they just ask for the username

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Thats why on top of getting ratio proofs you pm them on those respective trackers with questions like "What site am i suppose to be inviting you to". That's what really matters.
    That is a wise idea.
    I just wonder how many people take it that far.
    Believe it or not Broken? Quite a few do. I know i got invited to a couple of very good trackers but had to go through being idenified on other sites via username and pm, to make sure i check out. Which i think is a great way to see who really is who (if that last line made any sense). Just like you said in your original post. Ratio proofs could be photoshopped, and it's sad to see people going to that height to be accepted (very deceitful of course) but thats the way it is i guess. So to make sure i'm inviting an honest good user thats what i do.

Quote Originally Posted by broomhead View Post
    yea, most people aren't very good at photoshop. But that is why people usualy ask for ratio proof at that specific date and time. or if there is a search user feature on the tracker, they just ask for the username
    I didn't understand that at first but now i see why and will start doing that as well when i do my giveaway's.
    Last edited by grimms; 01-27-2008 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Why couldn't that "specific date and time" just be edited too?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    This man poses a good point.

I have never given anything away based on ratio proofs because I think they are pointless; I am a great sharer, but my upload speed is crippled, leaving me far behind any 12 year old with a decent connection. It's for this reason that I usually ask for something clever and intelligent, or creative. It's nice to know that the person you're inviting has a solid head on their shoulders. Once I know who these people are after a couple of chats, I feel much more comfortable inviting them than if I were to do so solely on the basis of their ratios and such.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    lubu's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    I guess it is always preferable to ask for profile links through PMs after asking the user to post screen shots to verify the ratios

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Damn.. Broken may your right as well. You raise a terrific question. Maybe i should just do the username thing i suggested instead. I agree with Krunktastic though. If i feel comfortable with a member i will hand them an invite based on my opinion and knowledge of them (based on if i think their a good member) I have invited quite a few people to trackers through pms. I do ask for usernames though to confirm. But Broken? You raise a good question. I think i need to sit on that some more and think about it.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    NekohDot's Avatar "Designer/Producer" BT Rep: +1
    Damn.. Broken may your right as well. You raise a terrific question. Maybe i should just do the username thing i suggested instead. I agree with Krunktastic though. If i feel comfortable with a member i will hand them an invite based on my opinion and knowledge of them (based on if i think their a good member) I have invited quite a few people to trackers through pms. I do ask for usernames though to confirm. But Broken? You raise a good question. I think i need to sit on that some more and think about it.
    So true

i always check before giving invites to people because theres clever people out there who are always looking to scam people but you don't have to be clever to edit the source code of a page ie: what i done

grimms: i see your a reason/fruity user.I just started using reason myself

What kind of music do you make ?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NekohDot View Post
    edit the source code of a page ie: what i done

Very clever. never even considered it.
    Easiest way, no photoshop involved.

Anyone that understands what you just said, is thinking "oh shit".

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    So true

i always check before giving invites to people because theres clever people out there who are always looking to scam people but you don't have to be clever to edit the source code of a page ie: what i done

grimms: i see your a reason/fruity user.I just started using reason myself

What kind of music do you make ?
    Hip-Hop. I have a commerical cd out that i produced for my brother and a group. I also own a Production Company. I use Reason 4.0, Sound Forge 8, and FL Studio 7. I use to use Pro-Tools, MPC4000, and Korg Trition synth, but plug-ins, good sample sounds, and music editing sequencing software is all i need now. With my midi controller to trigger the sounds out of reason and fl.

edit the source code of a page ie: what i done

Very clever. never even considered it.
    Easiest way, no photoshop involved.

Anyone that understands what you just said, is thinking "oh shit".
    I know i am.
    Last edited by grimms; 01-27-2008 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast