Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Why ask for Ratio proof?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    you can see their upload/dl ratio in the forums.

butif your a higher class you can see their entire torrent history as well. the idea is so a higher class member can help the lower class member out of any trouble they might have got themselves into, not to ridicule them lol

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    prasadah's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdemon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    I never ask for ratio proofs. I ask for links

Let's say someone provides 3 links to trackers.

Pick one of them and PM him/her there

If no answer, no invite

Simple.. isn't it?
    Thats what I thought grimms meant which is why I said this was a good idea but yet prasadah is saying it won't work
    again and agian same replies
    yes it wont work........i have a big research on cheat mods.........
    impossible to catch cheaters even for sct thebox bitmetv
    I'm Head Strong. MIND IT!!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    I never ask for ratio proofs. I ask for links

Let's say someone provides 3 links to trackers.

Pick one of them and PM him/her there

If no answer, no invite

Simple.. isn't it?
    Thats what I thought grimms meant which is why I said this was a good idea but yet prasadah is saying it won't work
    I don't know why it wouldn't work.
    Verification of the user on the other site seems sound to me. Prasadah brings up the point that cheater clients do exsit, which the trackers already know about and deal with daily. But that's really old news.

The flaw I wanted to pointed out was that screen shots are all too easily doctored - seemed as if every thread I looked at in the invite section was requesting them.
    Then it was pointed out that it's not even necessary to photoshop an image - just pull up the page and edit a little code and your ratio can be whatever you want it to be.

(Do I smell a sticky??)
    Last edited by Broken; 01-27-2008 at 07:01 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    you can see their upload/dl ratio in the forums.

butif your a higher class you can see their entire torrent history as well. the idea is so a higher class member can help the lower class member out of any trouble they might have got themselves into, not to ridicule them lol
    one thing i have to tell you if you are the real owner in BCG(no special stars)
    again no use.....because bcg is not a site like sct bitmetv or thebox.....
    you dont have anticheat scripts......untill you prepare a script

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    Then it was pointed out that it's not even necessary to photoshop an image - just pull up the page and edit a little code and your ratio can be whatever you want it to be.
    (Do I smell a sticky??)
    Whewwwwww.. Serious? I didn't know you could even do that.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    (Do I smell a sticky??)
    Whewwwwww.. Serious? I didn't know you could even do that.
    Yea, post 29 in this thread.

Pull up the page's code, edit in the stats you want, load the edited page it into your browser.
    Take a screen shot.

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Well? all i can do is use my best judgement with what i require in my giveaway's and hope for the best.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. BitTorrent   -   #68

Verification of the user on the other site seems sound to me. Prasadah brings up the point that cheater clients do exsit, which the trackers already know about and deal with daily. But that's really old news.

The flaw I wanted to pointed out was that screen shots are all too easily doctored - seemed as if every thread I looked at in the invite section was requesting them.

(Do I smell a sticky??)
    English is not my native....so i didnot understand your reply completely
    are you going to say is it difficult to cheat the ratios using cheat mods????
    if so here is my answer........
    it is difficult to cheat only in sct iptorrents and 2 more sites that too only for time being......i dont think trackers like sct iptorrents etc have the staffs are really smart.....there are more smart people among the users...i mean technically strong people...so they update cheat mods with in few days

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Well? all i can do is use my best judgement with what i require in my giveaway's and hope for the best.

I'd say the best method would just be to verify the stats and the user on the site in question. But, common scene and good judgement should play a good role.

Quote Originally Posted by prasadah View Post

(Do I smell a sticky??)
    English is not my native....so i didnot understand your reply completely
    are you going to say is it difficult to cheat the ratios using cheat mods????
    if so here is my answer........
    it is difficult to cheat only in sct iptorrents and 2 more sites that too only for time being......i dont think trackers like sct iptorrents etc have the staffs are really smart.....there are more smart people among the users...i mean technically strong people...so they update cheat mods with in few days
    What I'm saying is that there is scripts that can be run that will trick a tracker into thinking that you've uploaded ALOT more than you actually did. These are old news, they were even around "back-in-the-day" when I used torrents. Even then though, the staff at the torrent sites seemed to be able to find the cheaters fairly easily.
    Last edited by Broken; 01-27-2008 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    I'd say the best method would just be to verify the stats and the user on the site in question. But, common scene and good judgement should play a good role.
    i think this is my 10th or 20th reply for the same kind of posts
    but i am happy with your second half of the sentence.....ie. common scene and good judgement shud play a good role

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast