Thread: Grabit and Corrupted rar files

lately i've found that most of the files that i've downloaded using grabit always ended up as corrupted files. i've never experienced this sort of thing before, but i was wondering whether the problem lies w/ grabit or the files themselves?
    i kinda suspect that this might have to do w/ grabit since for the past couple weeks it have been acting rather funny; unstable speed below my actual downloading speed, and at one time i have to do force shutdown b/c it wasnt responding at all, but to be honest since i dont know that much about grabit i cant make any assumption at all. would anyone here be kind enough to tell me what should i do to fix this problem??

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    The problem is your Usenet provider.
    They control their servers, how well they mirror other servers, and are responsible for the integrity of the data on them.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    They control their servers, how well they mirror other servers, and are responsible for the integrity of the data on them.
    is this related to the data retention problem on the server? b/c i'm currently using giganews and so far based on what i heard they have a pretty good reputation for this file retention

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeemirth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    is this related to the data retention problem on the server? b/c i'm currently using giganews and so far based on what i heard they have a pretty good reputation for this file retention
    They are the best. They are the service I use.

I don't think the problem is on your side. I'm about 90% sure on that.
    I would get in contact with Giganew's customer support.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Corrupted yEnc articles are rare now, unlike 2004-2007.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    i've contacted Giganews last night, havent got any reply yet, but so far i've managed to repair those files using the quickpar guide on fst,THANXX A LOT FST!!!

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bung View Post
    i've contacted Giganews last night, havent got any reply yet, but so far i've managed to repair those files using the quickpar guide on fst,THANXX A LOT FST!!!
    sorry this might sound like double posting, but above is my alternate id on this site

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    I miss understood you then.
    Repairing files with quickpar is a normal thing (maybe a little less common with Giganews).

Anyways, glad you where able to sort out your own problem.