Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need some seedbox advice.....

DL JUNKIE/SEEDWHORE BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12

Question Mark

ive already got the companys narrowed down to im gonna go with but i have questions first......
    How much ram should i be looking for?
    If i download alot what type of usage transfered per month should i be looking for? or does unmetered mean unlimited transfer?
    what type of datatraffic should i be looking at? volume 10 mbps or 50?
    just some advice and some help would be great!
    ty
    movieaddict

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Are you going to purchase a windows box or linux ? If windows then get at least 512mB ram.

A really 10mbps dedicated ( not unmetered ) is theoretic equal to 3000GB/month. An unmetered port means that your host provider will not meter your bandwidth usage, but your box probably will share a port (10/100 mbps or 1gbps) with other boxes.

I'd choose the 1000GB/month option cause it's cheaper and you probably don't need to upload that much.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Could you post or pm some links to seedbox companies, because I'm having a tough time finding them and I'm looking into it myself. Thanks.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Webhostingtalk is the best place to find sweet deals:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Thanks, I've been thinking of starting a website this summer, so I appreciate the source of information about hosting, about which I know little.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    TY so much!!!!!!

pm sent yozshura
    Last edited by Downloading Junkie; 01-27-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    if your looking for a great quality cheap vps http://www.tzulo.com/ i asked for more got the best for the least
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    tzulu is really that good? hows the support help etc and hows the consistency of speed and support etc...??

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Well it all depends on your needs and what you prefer like Speed, Monthly Bandwidth, disk space support etc. You cannot get everything unless u have a really big budget.

You said you download ALOT...well ALOT can be different for every one. Like for someone 100 GB/mo. can be alot and for some even 1 TB wouldnt be too much. But if your just getting it to seedback 1:1 easily, just decide how much ur gonna download everymonth and multiply that by two and ull have a rough estimate of how much bandwidth u need.

For the port, i always go with 100 mbps. But if u think 10 mbps speed is enough for u thn go for that.

And no unmetered isnt unlimited, but on most providers 3-5 TB/mo. transfer is ok

I know thr are a few Very good unmetered boxes available, but they may not have the Fastest speeds, reliability or support.

You may find most metered boxes with good support and decent network, but u might end up using the bandwidth too soon.

For speed i would suggest:
    Vectoral
    Leaseweb

For high bandwidth allowance:
    FDCServers
    Keyweb/hosting-ie

Hope this helps

B3hAnch00d
    Last edited by B3hAnch00d; 01-27-2008 at 04:27 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by weenden View Post
    if your looking for a great quality cheap vps http://www.tzulo.com/ i asked for more got the best for the least
    Did you do that recently? It seems like their website is not working properly as none of the links are clickable for me (except PayPal, of course, lol).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast