Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheerleaders at invite section

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    If I had the means I'd move them all to the lounge . I know I'v been guilty of wishing someone luck or thanking the O/P . Fuck me soon people wont be able to say thank you .

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Peat, there's a world of difference between genuinely thanking or wishing someone good luck and blatantly posting repetitive trash to increase your post count. That's why it was left to us to determine which is which.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    In the beginning I did spam... a little, but only so I could only have more PM space. Now, I enjoy perusing through these threads.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by DefX View Post
    Peat, there's a world of difference between genuinely thanking or wishing someone good luck and blatantly posting repetitive trash to increase your post count. That's why it was left to us to determine which is which.
    I know and my point about about moving to the lounge was a joke as they don't need the clutter either . I always read the free invites and like to stroke the idea behind it . Hey that just sounds wrong .

This section must be the hardest to moderate and you guys do a pretty good job .

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    But surely by spamming they bump the thread up, which is partly why people may do it. But at the same time it makes it impossible to get real information from it. Reminds me alot of torrent comments, with all the thank yous making it hard to find the good comments.

Someone invite me to fsc please

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Go team go! Oh yeah, good luck!
    See ya in another life, brother.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I been guilty of saying good luck to people as well and mean it. I sometimes feel like the experienced members on many forums tend to be too harsh to noobs sometimes, not even giving them a fair chance. Of course unless their attitude or approach off then they need a harsh lession right away. But i have noticed how "good luck" or "nice giveaway" is being more frowned upon so i decreased my habit of doing that. But i also see it as a way to encourage good users who make good giveaway's and friends to continue to do what they do and that there is still hope for their request to be filled. But if it is blatant then i can see why many regard it as just spam.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    vinhkhang01's Avatar XP BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    I totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by DefX View Post
    *** I Love Sharing & Helping Other People ***

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by kayvanblue View Post
    seems like we have got a lot of cheerleaders at invite section lately ! they start as soon as someone request a FTN or sct invite like this: " you deserve it" , "good luck m8", " i wish you get it soon"............. why would you cheer for someone else by spamming their tread and not helping them!? how much more useless replies?
    GOOD LUCK M8
    I WISH YOU GET IT
    WE SHOULD MAKE A SOCIAL GROUP FOR THOSE cheerleaders BUT ANY ONE CAN CONFIRM IF THEY HAVE BOOBS , PLZ ?
    Last edited by SAM; 01-28-2008 at 08:33 AM.

For Serving Community

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    I used to report them till the staff asked me to stop it!

yea i remember when Detale said that u have reported many spamm and u have doing the same thing so that i why Detale said that to u
    Actually I never told anyone not to use the report section, I'd rather that than anything else. Sure it can become tedious but rules are rules. Is there anything else I said?

Spam in this section tends to be let go a bit more because of the community feel we like to see here, it also helps members to get to know each other better. Now I'm not saying everyone post "Good luck" or "nice giveaway" all over the board, as I understand it there was a time here when there were 4 pages of Bull5hit before a post with some content would show up and thats why the No Spam rule was put into place. I mean really now this whole thread is basically spam. But keep it cool and don't try to pad your stats like Sear and PolarBear do their underwear and you'll be OK

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast