Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Starting A New Tracker

class's Avatar iSeed BT Rep: +1
    well i saw here how depserate people where for a hip hop // RnB // Rap Tracker, so i was thinking of one. i would like (in order)

1. Cheapest hosting (i know a site that offers free hosting, not sure if this work for torrent tracker sites?)
    2. coders (people to create the forums and the unique tracker codes on the site)
    3. uploaders ( i will be helping out here, have a large collection but slow upload speeds)
    4. a domain name
    5. gfx team to create graphics
    6. ADMINS and MODS and VIPS will be made from the special people's efforts towards this site

i do not know much about setting up torrent sites so i will need all the help i can get.

please dont PM me or reply saying i will be a mod or admin or VIP, i will not make you one unless you contribute greatly to the start up of the site!

thank you, and good luck to us all

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    OnEyM's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I think you should unite with scenethenet team and you'll set your torrent site in no time!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    thanks i will check em out!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    1: cheap = risky, pricey = anominity
    try to stay away from USA and most of Europe.

2: check out tbdev.net already a pre built tracker.

3: Build it and they will come (let everyone upload at first)

4: google is your friend, will cost about $10 a year

5: Have a go yourself, if not im sure that once its up, someone will ask if they can create a theme, but then there are lots of themes on tbdev.net so just use one of those until you get sorted.

6: again build it and they will come, but choose wisely. imo this is the hardest part of starting a tracker, finding staff you can trust.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Stoi has covered ur questions nicely. But if your looking for a unique code for forums and tracker thn i bet it will take a while before the tracker can be started as coding it from scratch would take alot longer thn modifying and using the ones available like TBDev.

If you dont know how to code your self or dont already have coders id suggest you use one of the source already available.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    wow thanks a lot stoi. i will look into tbdev. if i get a domain and a site hoster, i will need someone to help me set up the site, and also, does the site host the files, or do we host them ourselves, i was never shure in torrents

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by class View Post
    wow thanks a lot stoi. i will look into tbdev. if i get a domain and a site hoster, i will need someone to help me set up the site, and also, does the site host the files, or do we host them ourselves, i was never shure in torrents
    The site doesn't host the media files.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ok best bet if you dont have a clue what your doing.

install wamp or xamp on your PC, these have apache/PHP/MYSQL then set the tracker up on your pc, install any mods that way and just have a mess about.

Once your confident, read up on setting up a server, FTP your tracker files to the server, point your domain to your server IP and it should if you have set everything up properly, work.

If you mean put the files you want to seed on your server that the tracker is on, imo thats a big no no, ive never done it and never will.

If the powers that be come for your server, you can get into big trouble by having files on there that you have been seeding. its better to get a seedbox for that sort of thing.

PS: i recomend getting the XBTT and TBDEV, this is a C++ backend for the PHP tracker, its a lot more resourceful than just the PHP announce.

you can get this on TBdev.net as well, and you can also install this on your pc to have a mess on with first.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    so we host them ourselves yeah?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    if you dunno all that stuff perhaps it's not the right time?

i would suggest you to learn those coding and stuff before you start a tracker....otherwise, despite being a sysop you will have to depend on others for coding and maintaining the site.

i am not saying that it's not possible but i think it will be quite unorganized.

Good Luck though...at least u aren't creating another 0-day tracker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast