Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How long have u been here?

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Any recommendations?
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=61561

I'd download Movix .83 and add the dss library .rpm file so Movix can read unencrypted dvd's(u need winiso to change the .iso).

Then once you burn the .iso boot from cd and use the install.pl script to put movix on your harddrive. You can navigate your media quite easily, with no mouse. So you only need a wireless keyboard, unless you just prefer to have a mouse.

If you're computer supports booting from usb, you can do that(boot movix from usb) and save yourself the hassle of making the fat16 partition for Movix. It works just as well as booting from cd, when you want to boot windows just remove the usb jump drive and voila!

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Think it was Zed or some kind soul , never forgot it
    I come here to read stuff like that. It makes my heart singh.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    I'm here because Biggles told me this board was in desperate need of someone with my charm, wit and grasp of the human condition, and I can never turn a man down when he's on his knees.
    biggles got on his knees?

PICS!!

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer View Post
    Any recommendations?

I'd download Movix .83 and add the dss library .rpm file so Movix can read unencrypted dvd's(u need winiso to change the .iso).

Then once you burn the .iso boot from cd and use the install.pl script to put movix on your harddrive. You can navigate your media quite easily, with no mouse. So you only need a wireless keyboard, unless you just prefer to have a mouse.

If you're computer supports booting from usb, you can do that(boot movix from usb) and save yourself the hassle of making the fat16 partition for Movix. It works just as well as booting from cd, when you want to boot windows just remove the usb jump drive and voila!
    that's not a keyboard and mouse, like.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #35
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    £147.04
    Thanks, tho'

Maybe I was a little hasty with the 'I don't care if it's expensive' comment. I plainly do.

Does your older cheaper version work from across the other side of the room, like - also have you dropped it and found that it still wurks?
    mine aren't bluetooth, like, so they don't work properly from the other side of the room (this room is huge tho'). They wurk fine upto about 10-15ft away, like.

A bluetooth one should work fine from pretty much anywhere in your house tho' cause the range is loiyke 20 metres or something else.
    Ahh, didn't know bluetooth keyboards even existed, noice one. They sound like what I need.

I think this one: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/118547
    Or this one: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/94460
    Or something else.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Any recommendations?

Computer blah blah.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post

mine aren't bluetooth, like, so they don't work properly from the other side of the room (this room is huge tho'). They wurk fine upto about 10-15ft away, like.

A bluetooth one should work fine from pretty much anywhere in your house tho' cause the range is loiyke 20 metres or something else.
    Ahh, didn't know bluetooth keyboards even existed, noice one. They sound like what I need.

I think this one: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/118547
    Or this one: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/94460
    Or something else.
    either of those would do what you want, like, cheaper ones probably would too.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

8. Lounge   -   #38
    sorry i thought i was in nerdworld for a minnit there

9. Lounge   -   #39
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Any recommendations?

Cheers, just trying to keep it as simple as possible tho'.

My set-up works fine now as it is, wrt watching suff direct off the PC via the telly. I just gotta keep going back and forth the PC to change what I'm watching.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

10. Lounge   -   #40
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Oh yeah, I've also got to sort it so that my PC has the telly and the monitor running off it so I don't have to keep switching the blue cable twixt the two. Might need a bit of hardware, like, as from memory, I think I've only got one blue port at the back of my computer.

Sorry if that's a bit technical.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast