Thread: Questionss So Many Questions

Keikan's Avatar ........
    Before i reformat my friends computer, I want to know, how do you get connected to the internet? He's already has an interney account from his phone company?

I know you gotta like go to connection wizard and then like import exsisting internet account or something....?

One more thing his computer is like a brand name Dell Aptiva and it like came with Windows 98 i guess and like if i reformat then install Windows 98 will all the hardware be capable?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    your second question. windows should pick up the hardware. But why install 98. Download 2000 or XP.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Keikan@30 July 2003 - 01:38
    Before i reformat my friends computer, I want to know, how do you get connected to the internet? He&#39;s already has an interney account from his phone company?

I know you gotta like go to connection wizard and then like import exsisting internet account or something....?

One more thing his computer is like a brand name Dell Aptiva and it like came with Windows 98 i guess and like if i reformat then install Windows 98 will all the hardware be capable?
    Your always formatting your friends computer. . What kind of friend erases another friends hardrive .

Just kiddin

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    what kind of connection is it. The easiest way might just be to write down the connection settings (ie number dialled, username and password)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    @mogadishu because his specs are AMD k6 350mhz, 64mb ram

@shn because my friend knows nothing about reformatting and the benifits of it

@ilw It&#39;s dial up from Telus good ol 56k slow ass
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    @mogadishu because his specs are AMD k6 350mhz, 64mb ram
    Ouch

Hey Keikan, homestarrunner is a cooooooool site and fun.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Dont forget to save any drivers that you may need&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Does he have a burner. A good program for this was just posted...its called My Driver. It allows you to scan your system and gives several options for saving all of the device drivers.
    If he doesnt have a burner, you could always do a file transfer on a messenger or such.
    As for the modem, once it is installed all you should need is his isp information or the disk that his isp may have given him to aid in the setup.

Hope this helps,
    Steve