Thread: iPod Help

Jeff234's Avatar TL Addict BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Hey everyone, I have a 80 GB iPod Classic, but my hard drive is only 80GB so i would like to keep all of my music on my hard drive so I can listen to it while I browse the internet and such. But as for my movies and TV Shows, is there anyway that I can delete them from my hard drive and from iTunes, but when I update and sync my iPod, the movies and TV Shows will stay?

Thanks, - Jeff

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    u have to choose to manually manage music in itunes so it doesn't sync with your harddrive and erase anything that's missing.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yea, but then don't I have to drag and drop all my new albums that I add?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    u mean, then u do have to drop the new albums? It doesn't take that long to drag and drop music. Besides, I wouldn't have your ipod be the only place you store your music and movies. If anything ever happens to it you're shit out of luck and won't have a backup. I'd get an additional internal hd or even an external. The prices have really come down so there's no excuse!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    As Backlash said, you need to disable automatic management, but what he failed to mention, is that you can keep automatic sync on for music, but disable it for videos. Just click on the movies tab and click manage automatically (Sync, whatever they call it), and voila

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    sumvell's Avatar Poster
    You can try to use Winamp 5.5 . I manage my shuffle with it. It supports classic too.
    but I guess its about time u added a new HD.

Itunes is anyways one of the worst softwares ever made along with Norton AV.....
    Last edited by sumvell; 01-28-2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The early bird gets the worm. But the 2nd mouse gets the cheese.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Ya no need to sync it automatically. As stated before, just use manual mode.
    You can still manage your playlists within iTunes and just transfer over (click or drag list over)... might want to invest in a larger HD though (even if it's external).
    If you've had yoru iPod for a while, you know they aren't the safest things for keeping data alive (I've lost plenty of times, especially when updating iTunes).

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelucifer View Post
    As Backlash said, you need to disable automatic management, but what he failed to mention, is that you can keep automatic sync on for music, but disable it for videos. Just click on the movies tab and click manage automatically (Sync, whatever they call it), and voila
    this sounds like what you want. i never noticed you could do this, could it be updated from one of the newer versions of itunes? i remember a year ago my friend had the same problem but he had to synch everything manually

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    T.S.O.L.: They added it in Itunes 7.0

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    how do you use it? I just updated my iTunes to the newest.