Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on why you think the Music Industry has failed

Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    killuminati96 has a really good point but lets not forget its the recoding industry that sign's groups that produce one hit boppers. the recording industry is beginning to think they know what we want. it seems they are taking less of a chance on a group that might be huge but with no way to be known or to be noticed. the Recording studios rather sign the next Hannah Montana.
    Last edited by Gish; 01-29-2008 at 04:57 PM.

2. Music   -   #12
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    killuminati96 has a really good point but lets not forget its the recoding industry that sign's groups that produce one hit boppers. the recording industry is beginning to think they know what we want. it seems they are taking less of a chance on a group that might be huge but with no way to be known or to be noticed. the Recording studios rather sign the next Hannah Montana.
    It's cause they want to replicate the formula that worked with the last start they proudced with a big hit. Take Soulja boy or Hannah Montana for an example they both did really well last year and Souljah Boy had the largest ringtone sales in ringtone sale history. This year the industry will invent 3 more soulja boys and hannah montana from the disney network.

They repeat their same tired old formulas to try to reap more sales in benefits out of consumers who liked the intial act. It's too bad that record labels have put a price on music. It was different back in the day. they actually respected the artform and the artist's.

Today it's all about making the executives rich who know nothing about music, it's culture, only business. Lets not even talk about Radio and the top 20 playlist they use all year to promote the same 3 acts all year round. Deep pockets anybody?

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. Music   -   #13
    angryghost's Avatar Get In Ma BELLY! BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Today it's all about making the executives rich who know nothing about music, it's culture, only business. Lets not even talk about Radio and the top 20 playlist they use all year to promote the same 3 acts all year round. Deep pockets anybody?
    You hit the mark, its all about the money now. There is no more real respect from the labels for the quality of music, they churn out business formulas design to maximize profits instead of quality artists

4. Music   -   #14
    Angryghost did you read the article that Broken posted yesterday morning? About how the RIAA is now trying to lobby politicians into passing a law where anybody who downloads a album or song could get fined up to 1.5 million dollars for each? If they pass that law say good-bye to me ever supporting a major record label again. I will never buy a cd again unless directly from the artist's hand.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. Music   -   #15
    angryghost's Avatar Get In Ma BELLY! BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    They're really just digging their own grave. With all the money you'd think they would come up with a better way method to resolve this issue.

6. Music   -   #16
    But they won't. They have to win. Their ego won't have it any other way. Also with the help of deep pockets they may become possible. But if it does, I won't ever buy a cd in my life again. I barely do now but i really won't if they win.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. Music   -   #17
    I'm with you on this one. If the law does pass, don't expect to ever see me buying a CD again, I think this would be the same as well for the majority of "illegal downloaders". This way the labels will really see the impact online downloads have on the artists.

Guess the only real way to support them is to go to concerts.

8. Music   -   #18
    True. It's getting harder for independent labels and bans to fund that. Tours and concerts. But tours and concerts at the same time is what is keeping the music industry alive and the indie artist's as well. So i support that. For the artist's sake. Shit i'm an independent artist as well.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. Music   -   #19
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Charge way too much for albums with one good song
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12