Thread: External Hard Drive

(>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Hi,

Looking for a bit of help, I am fast running out of space and I was thinking about getting an external hard drive to save me fiddling about inside my pc adding a secod internal hard drive. Could someone please tell me what are the good points and bad points to external hard drives please and let me know if I am better going with an internal.

Thanks

Zero

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Why would u decide on buying an internal or exsternal on JUST the point of installing it...how long does that take ..hmmm 30 to 45 seconds but i like exstrenal cuz you can bring it over to a friends easier...i just take my internal one though lol
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Internal Drives are always going to be cheaper and I would think perform better (correct me if I&#39;m wrong) seeing as you don&#39;t need to connect them with firewire or usb. You&#39;ll get more for your money.

External will cost you more for less, but it&#39;s easier to install for the most part. And you can transport it place to place easily, and without worryying you&#39;ll ruin it through electricity or something like an internal.

If you know how to take your case off, put in an internal drive and make sure its settings are right, go with internal. It&#39;s quite easy actually. I would personally get an internal =]

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@31 July 2003 - 05:25
    Why would u decide on buying an internal or exsternal on JUST the point of installing it...how long does that take ..hmmm 30 to 45 seconds but i like exstrenal cuz you can bring it over to a friends easier...i just take my internal one though lol
    Cause it would take me 30 or 40 secs to install and about 4 hours for the fire brigade to put the fire out

Thanks to both of you @bigdawgfox and @schuler for your feedback