View Poll Results: Does OiNK resurrect in the near future?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will surely come back!

74 29.25%
  • Nope, it'll never come back. Wish it had!

127 50.20%
  • Better not, it is good the way it is.

23 9.09%
  • Not interested, not my scope of interest

29 11.46%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor - OiNk - resurrection

Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    i reckon oink has something planned...

maybe a no-ratio open to all music site? both 'alternatives' currently have the same problem... lack of will to grow.. so many ppl wanna join but cant because they cant get an invite.. that may change in the future but from what i ve gathered, both sites are playing it safe (which i m not criticizing in any way - id do the same)

a music site (or any site really) cant survive without continual growth.... maintaining a gd ratio becomes close to impossible for the average users which in turn leads to lack of leechers which in turn leads to seeders getting fed up with seeding... thats my theory anyhow

the only reason ratio does work the way it does is continual growth.. the only sites that are able to survive without growing are the ones that dont use ratio as a measure, but other forms (or lack of the concept completely)
    Last edited by Jaits; 01-29-2008 at 08:43 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    which brings me back to my comment. If they come back without their user database still intact, they will have serious issues being invite only, and other issues being open signup. Its loose loose, so hopefully they still have a semi-recent (before it went down) backup of the user DB IF they plan to attempt this.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think that if OiNK does return, both W's should merge together and that site (whatwaffles.cd) will merge with OiNK.

Seriously, that would be great.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    oinks pink palace of waffles. screw what.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by pandapop View Post
    i'l be glad if it does return, i used to spend ages just browsing the site reading the forums and torrent comments looking for music and stuff. im just not excited by what or waffles now and harldy use the sites at all for one reason or another. nothing has replaced what oink did for me.
    100% agree with you on that. Oink in a strange way changed my life and how i look at Bittorrent. Then I came to FST and the same thing happened all over again. What and Waffles will be a great second and third wheel to the leader Oink.

Quote Originally Posted by fstokebanget View Post
    I would also love to see if it came back, but, let's face the truth, it won't come back, let's just switch to either waffles or what.cd
    Ah. We all already done that amigo.
    Last edited by grimms; 02-02-2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    My personal opinion is that OiNK tends to be a kind of legend, and I think thatīs the best for it.
    They were the best, but we forget how dictators and unfriendly were their staff members.

If they come back Iīm not going to move a finger to join that site, at least they change many things and admit mistakes, thing that wonīt happen.

Their time has passed in my opinion.

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    tedsfrozenhead's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    They were the best, but we forget how dictators and unfriendly were their staff members.
    I would say the staff were actually quite friendly but they were a bit draconian in their enforcement of the rules. however, oink would never have even become a DECENT community without their dedication to such high standards.

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    oink isn't coming back .. all of their backups were erased :/

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    tedsfrozenhead's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    also, if oink were to return, it would definitely be very insecure. it would be under so much scrutiny from law enforcement agencies in a number of countries that it would probably be infiltrated rather quickly. I wouldn't feel very safe joining it, and I doubt oink would want to create such a huge target.

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    My personal opinion is that OiNK tends to be a kind of legend, and I think thatīs the best for it.

If they come back Iīm not going to move a finger to join that site, at least they change many things and admit mistakes, thing that wonīt happen.

Their time has passed in my opinion.
    Nemrod your killing me with that statement. Their time has passed? If they return they will be reborn. I can see why a lot of ex members have some gripes with their harsh way's but overall i think that is why Oink was such a quality music site. It wasn't run by 14 year olds. Not questioning your option just a little reveled by it, thats all.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast