View Poll Results: Does OiNK resurrect in the near future?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will surely come back!

74 29.25%
  • Nope, it'll never come back. Wish it had!

127 50.20%
  • Better not, it is good the way it is.

23 9.09%
  • Not interested, not my scope of interest

29 11.46%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rumor - OiNk - resurrection

The Gladiator's Avatar I Will Report You BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Nevermind we already got two nice trackers for music...

But Oink will be always Oink...

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."

**Don't PM me asking for invites**

2. BitTorrent   -   #82
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    My personal opinion is that OiNK tends to be a kind of legend, and I think that´s the best for it.
    They were the best, but we forget how dictators and unfriendly were their staff members.

If they come back I´m not going to move a finger to join that site, at least they change many things and admit mistakes, thing that won´t happen.

Their time has passed in my opinion.
    Nemrod your killing me with that statement. Their time has passed? If they return they will be reborn. I can see why a lot of ex members have some gripes with their harsh way's but overall i think that is why Oink was such a quality music site. It wasn't run by 14 year olds. Not questioning your option just a little reveled by it, thats all.
    I can't imagine OiNK coming back. First of all all of their backups have been destroyed. Secondly he's under police supervision, and thirdly Waffles has already got most of the hardcore OiNK users...

3. BitTorrent   -   #83
    so what if there are 2 trackers already ? Oink is and it will be oink, the best music tracker around !

4. BitTorrent   -   #84
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanSamara View Post
    so what if there are 2 trackers already ? Oink is and it will be oink, the best music tracker around !
    It isn't around anymore you know.
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

5. BitTorrent   -   #85
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Where is the SFTU manker option.
    Now go away.

6. BitTorrent   -   #86
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    i think 4th of Feb is the court date lol

7. BitTorrent   -   #87
    I think a lot of ex-OiNK members would love a comeback..
    If you weren't surfing the internet 24/7 after oink was taken down you may have missed the chance to join waffles/what.
    So there are a lot of ex Oink members still looking for a decent site. If you weren't active in the forums or in IRC, you really don't know where to get invites, (besides trading in forums, which is kind of hard work, not everyone is willing to do that in their freetime).
    If you're not very active, talkwise, that doesn't mean you're not a good member. It's about sharing, uploading good music, not about posting in forums, irc....

My point is, for a lot of people the 2W's aren't exactly the new oink, cause they're exluded from a community they belonged to 4 months ago, and literally have to work their ass off to get in..

8. BitTorrent   -   #88
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Clearly they're hinting that they have some sort of positive news coming.

9. BitTorrent   -   #89
    No, it won't return... most likely not... but contrary to what people have said before... if it would return, people would just leave the current music trackers behind and centralise once again around OiNK... Which is what caused it's demise in the first place. Huge amount of people all on the same site.

With all the media buzz... if it would return, it could go on to a million users. Everyones have heard about it now, it's as well known by people as ThePirateBay or Demonoid... or Suprnova back then. They'd be articles everywhere in all the mainstream press... it would be said everywhere that it have returned, as it was said previously when it was shut down.

If 180 000 people came around OiNK to register without being dissabled... imagine the number that could reach with mass media coverage. There is no way, the industry would find a way not to be bitch slapped that bad.

User of the .torrent files

10. BitTorrent   -   #90
    Shno's Avatar BT addict BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    If (and this is a big if) oink was to return, honestly, how many of your wouldn't make an account on the it? I realize everyone feels iffy now about having a sole, centralized music site to download from, but who wouldn't want oink to return? Personally, I think it would be a big slap in the RIAA's face if oink came back and everyone supported it.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast