Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone heard of this site?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    i just heard rumours that they have scene mp3s in spotify. if that turns out to be true the scene will be really pissed off. they're going to make money with ads and premium sevices with scene releases?

anyway, how's the quality of the music? is it really lossless (that would mean about 30mb of streamimg data for a song)? can you download files and use them for whatever you like?

if you can't download there's always the possibilty to record the stream to hd, right?

however, i read a lot of positive reviews and i'm going to give it a try when the free service is available in germany.

the only thing that leaves a bitter taste is, even if it's based on peer2peer it's a company which runs the whole thing. companies don't do this because sharing is caring, they want to make money.

anyway, as a music enthusiast i'm looking forward to check it out for myself.
    I think the employees uploaded their personal mp3's during the beta testing. That's the reason there might be scene releases on it. They will probably be removed, if they haven't already, now that it's public.

http://www.spotify.com/blog/archives...2/spotify-030/
    Says here that they run Ogg Vorbis which is a lossy format.

The content is great but there's a lot of stuff missing, that were up during beta testing. For instance there's nothing from The Beatles or Led Zeppelin.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruskal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    i just heard rumours that they have scene mp3s in spotify. if that turns out to be true the scene will be really pissed off. they're going to make money with ads and premium sevices with scene releases?

anyway, how's the quality of the music? is it really lossless (that would mean about 30mb of streamimg data for a song)? can you download files and use them for whatever you like?

if you can't download there's always the possibilty to record the stream to hd, right?

however, i read a lot of positive reviews and i'm going to give it a try when the free service is available in germany.

the only thing that leaves a bitter taste is, even if it's based on peer2peer it's a company which runs the whole thing. companies don't do this because sharing is caring, they want to make money.

anyway, as a music enthusiast i'm looking forward to check it out for myself.
    I think the employees uploaded their personal mp3's during the beta testing. That's the reason there might be scene releases on it. They will probably be removed, if they haven't already, now that it's public.

http://www.spotify.com/blog/archives...2/spotify-030/
    Says here that they run Ogg Vorbis which is a lossy format.

The content is great but there's a lot of stuff missing, that were up during beta testing. For instance there's nothing from The Beatles or Led Zeppelin.
    Yes. When they were beta testing, you could find ANYTHING there. They could upload anything they wanted. But now when they have gone live much of the scene ripps had to be deleted due to rights. But they are slowly filling up more and more and it's just a question about rights. So Betales and Led Zeppelin have been on Spotify but has been removed because of some contract thing. But it will surley be back in the near future. There slogan is: listen to everything, anywhere, anytime''

I mean, if music was cheaper nobody would be downloading it. At least I wouldn't. So spotify is like having a music library but without having to wait for songs to load or change cd or whatever. So far so good, but it can absolutely get better! And I think it will.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Feels like I'm promoting Spotify big time

But I recently read that they are adding 10.000 of songs every day and in 4-8 weeks they are planing on having 95% of all music that's released. Sound pretty nice, eh?
    Last edited by Thatsgreat; 10-25-2008 at 10:02 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Someone posted about this site a couple of months ago. I thought it was interesting at the time. I might check it out who knows.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Dretskol's Avatar Teh scammer BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I have Spotify
    PM if you wanna trade

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    AMnesko's Avatar The Comedian BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dretskol View Post
    I have Spotify
    PM if you wanna trade
    WRONG SECTION! You do NOT trade here!

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    if your are form certain country you have to pay to get access

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by ose View Post
    if your are form certain country you have to pay to get access
    No, that goes for all who wants VIP/Premium account. Not certain countries. Premium users gets some pre-spotify-releases. For an example John Legends new cd and Pinks new cd was available for VIP/Premium users before it became available for regular users who don't pay. And if you don't pay a montly fee you get some ads in spotify. Like some voice talking about some famous organization for 10-20 second between songs. But this only happens like after every 100 song or something. But if you don't like it, you can pay to get rid of the ads and get pre-releases.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234