Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: [E****] Attention Please :>

YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinyl
    I'm uploader on 2 trackers and know that I can upload---and I can upload on E****, too. So I don't must prove something.
    oh really? because i'm an uploader at e****, so yes, you will have to prove something to me
    I knew it

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #42
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinyl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    and then we'll see where you go
    Omg . I won't do something for one invite. I'm uploader on 2 trackers and know that I can upload - and I can upload on E****,too
    So I don't must prove something.
    You're absolutely correct. You don't need to prove anything. Just know that without doing so you stand an almost 0% chance of obtaining an invite. The odds of a stranger that has no idea who you are, risking their own account by inviting you is slim to none - I'm certainly not going to stick my neck out for you.

Also, you might as well prove you have the content you say you do, the ability to do so, the know-how to do so, and the links that polarbear asked for to prove will do so, because if you want to upload at E****, you'll need to prove it there.

Just FYI...

yo

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #43
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I have to agree with skizo, thor, and polarbear. You said the wrong thing to thor who is an uploader there. You pretty much just squandered your chances of ever becoming a member of E (At least through fst). PB I felt like... tried to really look out for you and you failed him when he asked certain questions to see if he should even consider sticking his neck out for you(My opinion? I wouldn't based on your responses in this thread, now don't know if I would consider you for BT either).

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #44
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Am I the only one who feels kinda bad for this guy? He seems legit. That being said, however, I know th0r from a couple of other places and I know he's a very fair guy. So if he says you have to prove something to him and he'll think about inviting you once proven, then by all means, do it.

If I were you I would.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #45
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    If you can't be bothered "proving" then do as i do, stick with Pedros. It's good enough. Plus i heard, in quality/quantiy E and Pedros are pretty close

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #46
    orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    I figure the guy didn't know that an invite to E involves a lot more effort from the inviter than most other sites. Not only can you not fuck up, but you have to make a real effort to contribute or your inviter looks bad, which jeopardizes their chances of inviting anyone else.

Vinyl, I don't think you're getting in this time. Follow thor's advice and make yourself look good at Waffles and Pedro's. Good luck.
    Last edited by orfik; 04-18-2008 at 03:24 AM.

"Be easy, my ninja."

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #47
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyl3KK View Post
    Am I the only one who feels kinda bad for this guy?
    You know, I did at first. Just because I know how it feels to want this lossless tracker, and not have it. And then he mentioned in his first post that he can upload FLAC/Vinyl's for a very long time. So I thought he would actually be a great member.

But...then PB asked him how to rip to FLAC, and the guy couldn't answer. So that is when I stopped feeling sorry for him. To me(and this could be completely wrong), it looks like he just wants this tracker because it's a "high level"(which is a bullshit reason for wanting to be a member), but not because of the community and content.

Me, who knows how to rip properly, and has upped quite a few of my FLAC's to What and Waffles(not BTmusic yet because I haven't requested to become an uploader) has not requested E yet...just because I'm afraid of being shot down. I haven't been here long enough, and haven't made enough friends.

If the guy knew what he was doing, and had a huge collection of cd's/vinyl's just waiting to be upped there, and then was denied. Then yeah, I would feel bad for him. Because a person like that deserves to be a member(in my opinion). But to me it looks like he's just blowing steam to try and get what he wants.

No offense to the Vinyl. I can be completely wrong about you. But that's just how it looks by this thread.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #48
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I didn't realize how serious FLAC trackers were until my request the other day and this thread now. Having checked out Pedro's a bit, now I see why. Amazing community, lots of users put in hard work and a premium on quality on content. I'm lucky to be there I appreciate what I have now and will do my best to be a good member.

To the OP: heed the words posted in this thread. I'm not the oldest member here, but I have a good sense of who some of the good guys are on FST and the ones who posted here are honestly some of the best. Not that I know them personally, but seeing what they post I think you'd be well advised to listen.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #49
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyl3KK View Post
    Am I the only one who feels kinda bad for this guy? He seems legit. That being said, however, I know th0r from a couple of other places and I know he's a very fair guy. So if he says you have to prove something to him and he'll think about inviting you once proven, then by all means, do it.

If I were you I would.
    The problem is Polar Bear attempted to stick his neck out for the OP and he didn't pass the test, then he went on and made a snide comment about BT (Which has a very close relationship with E by the way). Just scroll through the whole thread.

Also thor said kindly to prove himself, somehow, some way, and he said something in response which probably didn't sit too well with thor, especially for him to reply with his status with the site which is uploader(I wouldn't piss him off if i were trying to get invited). They are a notch below vips and staff I believe (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong and you care to).

So I don't feel to bad for vinyl in this instance. Vinyl maybe if you communicate your message a little more effectively and prove that you can be asset to BT, then someone here may reconsider and give you a chance there first. E? No chance right now I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    If you can't be bothered "proving" then do as i do, stick with Pedros. It's good enough. Plus i heard, in quality/quantiy E and Pedros are pretty close
    I know a few E members and they all said E and BT are pretty close when it comes to both quantity and quality. But someone like thor would know the answer to this question (Doesn't mean we will anytime soon).
    Last edited by grimms; 04-18-2008 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #50
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    i look out pretty neutrally for people interested in joining our community; i have invited a couple of staff members and some regular posters here (i will not give names), so for me to introduce my user class on that tracker is something i rarely do

i read over the thread and polarbear's posts closely; since the op does not know how to upload flac, i pointed them to get started on waffles.fm or pedro's; depending on who i'm talking with that wants to be invited, seems like i'll always tell them to start at the latter two trackers first, it's really a judgment call

and when you're trying to get invited to a top-tier tracker, you don't act like a smart alec

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345