Thread: Seedbox problem

messi30's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I have a seedbox or VPS WDServer

I have a problem with it, in VNC Viewer has this wrong
    -bash: WINE: Command not found

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Have u definitely got wine installed on ur server ?

If u have and u get this error well the program u are trying to start is not in the system32 dir.

The way i would do it is open up ur ftp client..i use Winscp and place the .exe u want to run in the system32 folder like this >> /root/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32

Then log in via tightvnc and type E.G wine utorrent1.7.7.exe or whatever program u want to start.

Hope that helps
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Computer Scientist BT Rep: +1
    or you could just use rtorrent since running utorrent through wine is highly unstable... also there are lots of other graphical torrent clients for linux, give a look around.
    just a guy who doesn't like to pay for movies....or video games...or software...or television...or music...you know, just like everyone else!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    use putty to dl the wine info
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by filonome View Post
    or you could just use rtorrent since running utorrent through wine is highly unstable...
    that certainly has never been my experience. utorrent has ran for months on end without a single glitch on my ubuntu system.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Yeah depending on what type of linux u have in-stalled but to install wine on fedora and Centos just type yum -y install wine.

Cmd's very slightly for other types to install wine but google is ur friend there.

Good luck and let us know how u get on
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands