Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Mobile Phone Tricks?...

  1. #1
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13,671
    "4 THINGS YOU PROBABLY NEVER KNEW YOUR MOBILE PHONE COULD DO


    FIRST Emergency

    The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile; network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.
    True

    SECOND Have you locked your keys in the car?
    could someone try this? i don't have two keys.... sounds good though

    Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone from your cell phone.

    Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to
    drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other 'remote' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).
    Editor's Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a mobile phone!'

    THIRD Boost Hidden Battery Power

    Imagine your mobile battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370# Your mobile will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your mobile next time.

    FOURTH How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

    doesn't work on mine
    To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone * # 0 6 #

    A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

    email spam, sorry
    Last edited by 100%; 01-30-2008 at 08:13 PM.

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep ND Rythm
    Posts
    786
    The second one you posted there sounds like a pretty neat trick to bad I don't have any way of testing it out, but I sure would be interested to see if it works for someone that tries it.

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,624
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post

    SECOND Have you locked your keys in the car?
    could someone try this? i don't have two keys.... sounds good though

    Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone from your cell phone.

    Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to
    drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other 'remote' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).
    Editor's Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a mobile phone!'
    I call bullshit. No way that's possible.



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    8,120
    Well I don't think so either, also you don't need two keys. You could have a friend walk far enough away so that the remote doesn't reach the car and try it that way.

    I do however agree with skizo. I am pretty sure a keyless remote works on a signal similar to a radio signal not a sound or noise. I will try it soo and get back to you

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,295
    I just tried the third one on my unlocked Sony Ericsson P1i and it killed my battery.. LMFAO!!

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    3. I'm sure it only works on Nokia.

    Could somebody please state if i'm wrong?

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Quote Originally Posted by nyente View Post
    3. I'm sure it only works on Nokia.

    Could somebody please state if i'm wrong?
    Well, doesn't work for me on sony ericsson w300i.

    FIFTH
    Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more

    for 411 information calls when they don't have to.
    Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle,
    which makes this situation even more of a problem.
    When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial:
    (800) FREE 411, or (800) 373-3411
    without incurring any charge at all.
    Program this into your cell phone now
    Last edited by tesco; 02-04-2008 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,624
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nyente View Post
    3. I'm sure it only works on Nokia.

    Could somebody please state if i'm wrong?
    Well, doesn't work for me on sony ericsson w300i.

    FIFTH
    Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more

    for 411 information calls when they don't have to.
    Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle,
    which makes this situation even more of a problem.
    When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial:
    (800) FREE 411, or (800) 373-3411
    without incurring any charge at all.
    Program this into your cell phone now
    Been using that for years and works quite well.

    About half the time you're required to listen to a :30 ad, but whoopdie-doo. :0



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    15
    the 3rd doesn't work on my sony Ericsson k700i,

    but the first2 I will remember

    thanks

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Instead of free 411, try Google 411, it doesn't have any ADs. 1800-GOOG-411


    #2 is false. http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •