Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Riaa Spies

Arm's Avatar Poster
    GODDAMN IT PIRATING MP3S IS NOT STEALING It is merly copyright infringement.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by $nax@1 August 2003 - 22:30
    nice little story, with the car and shit,
    Have you heard of
    Entrapment

Yes if i stole the car, and you had leave the door open, with the engine running, waiting for me to steal it, then in court the case would be thrown out because its entrapment.

Because you have not alarmed your car or taken security procusions which is considered the actions of a "Reasonable" person, then it is considered entrapment, especially when you have come on this board admitting the only reason you share files is to TRAP kazaa lite users.

So unfortunately your method would not be legal.

Thankyou and good day.
    Specious nonsense.

It cannot be entrapment, because I am not a law enforcement officer. I am a civilian. RIAA is not law enforsement, we can only gather evidence and give it to the authorities, believe me the political donations really help.

I ran into a shop, leaving the engine running, because I was in a hurry. You drove off in it, that is stealing.

Thank you and enjoy your 3 free meals a day.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by DasScoot@1 August 2003 - 22:54
    Putting a file up on Kazaa is a lot less passive than just leaving your door unlocked. It's more like putting your TV out on the curb with a sign saying "Take this!'
    Not even remotely analagous.

There is no sign on my hard drive saying take this.

Neither is there any implied offer. Trust me, we have checked with some very expensive lawyers. Both in the US and Europe.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by Arm@2 August 2003 - 01:19
    GODDAMN IT PIRATING MP3S IS NOT STEALING It is merly copyright infringement.
    Which is an offence which may be dealt with criminally or civily.

In the majority of case we will deal with the matter civily, i.e. sue people. If they are only sharing for personal use.

However for people who do this for profit we will deal with it in the criminal courts.
    There are plenty of test cases where people have been imprisoned for selling pirate CDs Videos and DVDs, this is no different.

If this does not succeed we will become more draconian.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yeah but since when is downloading data illegal??? mp3s are data am I wrong??

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    shelly's Avatar Senior Member
    Well thanks J Paul if I ever get caught then I tell them that I got the files from you because there is permission on your your computer allowing file sharing it called"disable sharing of files with other users" and if you have not marked this its "allowing" files to be shared from you with your permission !

So how many " legal" Files are you sharing

[QUOTE]I share more files than you can imagine. This persona shares in excess of 14,000 - over 110 GB.

It's not illegal, I work for the people who own the copyright, therefore I have permission to do what I want with them.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by Hogster@2 August 2003 - 11:12
    yeah but since when is downloading data illegal??? mp3s are data am I wrong??
    You are wrong.

Under the terms of the DPA, data in electronic form is considered to be the same as any document.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Poster
    [quote]Originally posted by shelly@2 August 2003 - 11:19
    Well thanks J Paul if I ever get caught then I tell them that I got the files from you because there is permission on your your computer allowing file sharing it called"disable sharing of files with other users" and if you have not marked this its "allowing" files to be shared from you with your permission !

So how many " legal" Files are you sharing

I share more files than you can imagine. This persona shares in excess of 14,000 - over 110 GB.

It's not illegal, I work for the people who own the copyright, therefore I have permission to do what I want with them.
    The files are tagged, therefore we will know where you got them from anyway.

Like I said earlier the fact that I have them online is not an implied permission for you to take them. Whether I switch this option on or not.

The is the opinion of very senior counsel, expert in international copyright law.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yes but doesnt it come to the term of open soure??? the person who created mp3s would own the copyright

like MS don't want other software development to ripp off there file extentions

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    shelly's Avatar Senior Member
    The files are tagged, therefore we will know where you got them from anyway.

Like I said earlier the fact that I have them online is not an implied permission for you to take them. Whether I switch this option on or not.

The is the opinion of very senior counsel, expert in international copyright law.[/QUOTE]

I think you are Wriggling now!

since when has a opinion been a fact of Law ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast