Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Make a picture

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    TNG was the best. Fact, fact and trice fact.
    It's 'cos of Picard.

I only started watching it in my late teens, in university maybe. Once my Dad phoned and was nagging me to study more or something else. I remember thinking; 'Fuck you, Dad. Why can't you be more like Jean-Luc'.

Didn't say it, but. Next time he saw me, he'd have beat the shite out of me for liking spaceships
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I love it

The base looks a like a comm badge and everything.
    I know you said about it being blue but at least it's the one from TNG. I'm not that fussed on the original series, like.
    Oh God no, the original series was wank, although the films were brilliant. I remember watching every single episode as a kid from the first one shown on terrestrial telly in the UK. You know when as a kid you make a conscious effort to remember something for later? I knew that first episode was going to be the start of something special. I didn't think you could get any better than TNG, and then they did some spectacular stuff with DS9 and Voyager. Never did like either captains but the storylines and characters were inspired. Why did it all have to go wrong with Enterprise? Scott Bakula was a brilliant captain. It could have been so much better.

I'm rambling .
    I didn't like Bakula. I only watched half way thro' the first series of Enterprise before giving up. I do plan on watching it at some point, tho'.

Voyager I loved. Definitely my favourite of all, I've watched all seven series at least three times.
    Picard was obviously the best Captain, mind.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    I think probably Picard helped shape a generation.....a rather small part of one admittedly. The ideals put forward by that show still stand up and I think always will. I see Roddenbury's world as something to aspire to. I think the man's a genius, easily on a par with Tolkien, who I also admire very much.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    I didn't like Bakula. I only watched half way thro' the first series of Enterprise before giving up. I do plan on watching it at some point, tho'.

Voyager I loved. Definitely my favourite of all, I've watched all seven series at least three times.
    I thought Bakula played the role really well.....although I didn't see much of it either. I remember watching the first episode and the moment the theme tune came on I knew I was going to hate it.

TNG just pips Voyager in my mind because Jayneway was so fucking annoying at times, and so was Chakotay, Torres, Kim, Parris, in fact everyone except Tuvoc and the doctor. But the storylines were easily the best.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Captains log: 01022008
    unfocused object identified on glitched webcam

6. Lounge   -   #46
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    As far as Enterprise is concerned, I just couldn't get Quantum Leap out of me head. Kinda disembarked after the first 5 eps.

Voyager totally rawked the sawks. Especially the Borg eps and the finalé.

Best Star Trek finalé ever.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I think probably Picard helped shape a generation.....a rather small part of one admittedly. The ideals put forward by that show still stand up and I think always will. I see Roddenbury's world as something to aspire to. I think the man's a genius, easily on a par with Tolkien, who I also admire very much.
    I don't know about shaping a generation but if you watch something enough, you can't help but be influenced by its morals. My missus now talks with an aussie twang, for example.

I think I've talked with someone on here before (prolly JP) about the ideals on TNG. You really can't go wrong with them.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    manker's Avatar effendi

I thought Bakula played the role really well.....although I didn't see much of it either. I remember watching the first episode and the moment the theme tune came on I knew I was going to hate it.

TNG just pips Voyager in my mind because Jayneway was so fucking annoying at times, and so was Chakotay, Torres, Kim, Parris, in fact everyone except Tuvoc and the doctor. But the storylines were easily the best.
    Did Enterprise seem too American to you? All gung-ho and stuff.
    I mean, it prolly had to be because it was a story about the first pioneers ... but it still sucked.

Torres, Chakotay and Seven were orsum, btw

9. Lounge   -   #49
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Captains Log : 01023008
    Entering unfocused object

10. Lounge   -   #50
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    As far as Enterprise is concerned, I just couldn't get Quantum Leap out of me head. Kinda disembarked after the first 5 eps.

Voyager totally rawked the sawks. Especially the Borg eps and the finalé.

Best Star Trek finalé ever.
    Agree.
    It was the Borg that made Voyager stand out from the rest.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast