Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Make a picture

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Last edited by 100%; 02-01-2008 at 12:13 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    Captions Log : 01022008

log opppfffffff

4. Lounge   -   #64
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Has your wife also developed an aversion to wine coming out of anything but a box, and oriental immigrants?

Yup, you're right. Although Roddenbury covered homosexuality is some ways, but never quite seemed to be able to express it in a pure form. I wonder if he believed that sort of thing wouldn't happen in the future?
    I never really paid it much mind, I always suspected that Troi was a lesbian - but I think that about most hawt chicks. Also, I'm not sure that Roddenberry had much to do with TNG, Voyager and all - the credits just say 'based on an idea by Gene Roddenberry' so I just presumed he came up with the premis for the original series ... .

Btw, your first sentence there was a bit of a moment for me
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I never really paid it much mind, I always suspected that Troi was a lesbian - but I think that about most hawt chicks. Also, I'm not sure that Roddenberry had much to do with TNG, Voyager and all - the credits just say 'based on an idea by Gene Roddenberry' so I just presumed he came up with the premis for the original series ... .

Btw, your first sentence there was a bit of a moment for me
    You get it now though right? Ah well it was a lame joke anyway.

Nah, Roddenbury was a massive part of TNG. He even had a say in casting. He died part way through - a couple of series in I think. You'll notice that around that time the women's uniforms started getting a little more modest and miniskirts were replaced by trousers . I can just see the old perve slamming his fist on the board room table 'dammit, the skirts go over my dead body!'

Anyway, Troi?? You kidding me? She practically slid off her chair every time Riker looked at her. I think they did cover lesbianism in a small way with the Trill storyline in DS9 where Dax gets a 'male' symbiont and finds she has feelings for his ex wife. Can't remember if they got it on though.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I love it

The base looks a like a comm badge and everything.
    I know you said about it being blue but at least it's the one from TNG. I'm not that fussed on the original series, like.
    Oh God no, the original series was wank, although the films were brilliant. I remember watching every single episode as a kid from the first one shown on terrestrial telly in the UK. You know when as a kid you make a conscious effort to remember something for later? I knew that first episode was going to be the start of something special. I didn't think you could get any better than TNG, and then they did some spectacular stuff with DS9 and Voyager. Never did like either captains but the storylines and characters were inspired. Why did it all have to go wrong with Enterprise? Scott Bakula was a brilliant captain. It could have been so much better.

I'm rambling .
    Did I mention Squeams is a Trekie

More a Lexx fan meself although I have always liked the Ferengi "no good deed goes unpunished" proverb. I quite liked DS9 though especially Odo and Picard is cool. Janeways does my nipple ends in.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Anyway, Troi?? You kidding me? She practically slid off her chair every time Riker looked at her. I think they did cover lesbianism in a small way with the Trill storyline in DS9 where Dax gets a 'male' symbiont and finds she has feelings for his ex wife. Can't remember if they got it on though.
    Didn't they explore lesbianism a bit in one episode of TNG with Doctor Crusher and a male Trill getting a new symbiant who was female too

It's amazing how in the future nobody bats an eyelid with regards to inter-species mating, but they still worry about catching ghey

Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Agree.
    It was the Borg that made Voyager stand out from the rest.
    7 of 9 particularly stood out for me

TNG was consistently good. DS9 had its moments. Voyager started slowly but picked up when the Borg got involved, Enterprise really didn't know what to do with itself, and by the time it got any good it had already lost too many fans.

I enjoyed TOS, but I don't really consider it to be in the same league as the rest, mainly because it was made 20 years before anything else. Without that though there wouldn't have been any others. There probably wouldn't have been any Babylon5, Lexx, Farscape, Andromeda, Battlestar Galactica, etc either...

The even numbered movies are good, the odd numbered ones suck. Best film is probably First Contact.

Errr, that's it.
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 02-01-2008 at 12:27 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Fucking nerds....draw some pictures FFS.
    Now go away.

9. Lounge   -   #69
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Fucking nerds....draw some pictures FFS.

10. Lounge   -   #70
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

That's the spirit.

Attacked my mate with nunchucks while he was playing some gheyme.
    Last edited by benchez; 02-01-2008 at 06:02 PM.
    Now go away.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast