Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: dvd-r iso image - dvd players struggle to read

yeah i see what your saying fisherman but i have used this media when converting files via convertx to dvd and i get no problems at all, its just these iso images.

i would try dvd decrypter but i have vista, would it work on that?

i've heard of a programmed called ifoedit to try and reauthor dvd files but i have had no luck yet in actually doing it:-(

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    The great thing is as far as I know Decrypter will work on Vista.

Download it from here >> http://www.soft32.com/Download/Free/...4-75586-1.html

So open up Decrypter, look at the top and you will see 5 options .... click on the "MODE" tab and go down to "ISO" and put a tick mark on WRITE W.

Now just click on the source browse folder and navigate to the .iso on ur hard drive, select it.... choose ur burn speed x4 And then just click the big button which is the write button and let it do it's thing and hopefully it will do the trick.

Good luck
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    i did this but its the same programe as iso image just a bit older.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Yeah the guy that made decrypter makes imageburn.

I find decrypter better for burning movir .iso's.

So U tried decrypter and still the same ?

I'm outta idea's mate... As the last suggestion I'd say try different media.

Maybe some of the other guy's here might have some more suggestion's.

My first impression on this was the media u were using....

Good luck at gettin this sorted mate.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    the way round it i have found is to use ifoedit to grab just the main feature and re-create ifo's etc and all plays fine now, just don't have the menu's etc.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'v been using UltraISO seems like a good program , no problems so far . I like Memorex disks all I will buy.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Hmm, that is a strange one alright.

At least u found a temp solution which is good until U find an answer or program that will work 100%.

Glad ur up and running anyway

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    the only thing i can think is that the vob files and ifo files contained in the iso file are structured incorrectly, and thats why all the players i tried them on struggled to read, i watched one dvd player say it was reading title 5 then 2 then eventually it found title 1 (the feature that should have played)

thats the only thing i can think of and like i say by going in and re-creating the ifo, bups etc it clears the structure up so it can play.

what do you think?

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Is this problem happening with many .iso's ? Or just this 1 ?

If it's just this 1, then it's very possible some sort of an error occured when building the .iso.

If u have another .iso, try burning that with decrypter.... if U don't have another 1, well your gonna have to download one to test out this situation.

If this is happening with numerous .iso's, well I have absolutely no idea's what more could be the problem as you've tried many burning programs and still the same.

Could U not get ur hands on even 1 DVD of a different brand, even a crappy brand just to rule out the possibility of bad media.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    yeah i will try with a different brand next time, it seems to only happen with the isos that i have that have menus still on the dvd etc, if i strip these and rebuild the ifo file it runs perfect

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast