Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: dvd-r iso image - dvd players struggle to read

VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    I've had a similar issue happen to me and it came down to a region issue no matter what brand of dvd I used. I tried changing the region with DVD Decryptor but it still would only play on my computer and not on my DVD player. I finally gave up and re-downloaded from a different site and it work. So if my case it was the DVDR download that didn't allow the region change. I don't know why.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Any update/luck on this OP ?
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    I'm definitely interested in seeing what happens with dvd-r issue. Keep us updated.
    Last edited by VIZFX; 02-10-2008 at 01:12 AM.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    i did try another iso the other day and it worked fine no whirring or anything and it had menus and deleted scenes etc, but it seemed all the ifo's and vobs etc were much tidier the ones i seem to have problems with i think the structure is bad thats the only thing i can think of and both of my dvd players are new one just 1 week old.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    yep i was right i found a way to fix the problem.

i stumbled across a programme called dvdfab, and i used this as it had a function called pathfinder, and that runs it how a normal dvd player would run and fixes navigational errors etc.

and it seems to have done the job, dvds now play fine with out the whirring etc :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234