Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you increase your ratio?

Aeyen's Avatar Poster

Question Mark

Hello there, it may sound noobish, I mean, I know how to increase ratios, just that I want to know what you guys out there do. I'm interested to see how fellow torrenters are doing it.

Me, I just do the basic, I just seed and upload a few .isos and .csos if it's a game site
    Demonoid all the way

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Combination of uploading new torrents that members may like, partial seeding, and most important just seeding period for long periods of time.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Aeyen's Avatar Poster
    How do you do partial seeding? I'm sorry because I'm still kind of new at this
    Demonoid all the way

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Either seed files you have already downloaded from another tracker somewhere else. Or when you click to add the torrent in utorrent a screen should apear with lots of ticks click on select none and just tick a few of the files and click ok thats partial seeding remember popular files are very good games/xxx and the hyped new movies due for release these will help you keep a good ratio even if you download the whole lot a good xxx you can seed forever people always download them
    Last edited by sleepyy; 02-01-2008 at 02:47 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    torrentgeek's Avatar Asta La Vista Baby BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeyen View Post
    Hello there, it may sound noobish, I mean, I know how to increase ratios, just that I want to know what you guys out there do. I'm interested to see how fellow torrenters are doing it.

Me, I just do the basic, I just seed and upload a few .isos and .csos if it's a game site

I leave my computer for long hours...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    To increase the ratio, I always look for torrents with high number of leechers and have size above 4GB

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Aeyen's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fstokebanget View Post
    To increase the ratio, I always look for torrents with high number of leechers and have size above 4GB
    Wouldn't that kill your memory?
    Last edited by Aeyen; 02-02-2008 at 02:26 AM.
    Demonoid all the way

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by fstokebanget View Post
    But wouldn't that kill your memory? Lol.

Anyway, I've heard that there is a way of cheating the ratio system, and I do not want to do it, and do not plan to, but do you think torrent sites have the idea or know that some cheat their ratios?

Check out google. type in "HOW TO RAISE Your RATIO TORRENTS"
    I was expecting a much more fairer explanation like seeding and the such but to my surprise, found this instead
    Yes don't even attempt it. Most great trackers have auto ban scripts in place to disable or ip ban you for cheating your ratio. They have plenty of cheat detection scripts. Just do what sleepy suggested. Also never jump on large torrent files unless your doing a partial seed or own a seedbox. It's not too hard. Only trackers i have ever had problems seeding on were bitmetv and bitme (which i failed to seed on badly).

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BEGINER's Avatar NOOB BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentgeek View Post

I leave my computer for long hours...
    Me too...And another good way is to find and download and of course seed file who are on free lechening
    Sorry for my bad English
    And i hope that i will give some trackers,but for free,because im non-trader...
    Invites wich i have,i will give for free

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    But wouldn't that kill your memory? Lol.

Anyway, I've heard that there is a way of cheating the ratio system, and I do not want to do it, and do not plan to, but do you think torrent sites have the idea or know that some cheat their ratios?

Check out google. type in "HOW TO RAISE Your RATIO TORRENTS"
    I was expecting a much more fairer explanation like seeding and the such but to my surprise, found this instead
    I recommend you don't do that, and anyone who attempts to try that way. Basicly you don't need to have a great size of upload on private trackers. These days, ppl are so obsessed to have TB upload Just keep seeding what you download until reaches a good ratio

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast