Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Final Score

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Crazy, Can you not just say self-gratification. There are a lot of tic people in here
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    i'm a Rangers fan from scotland. i'd like to think that i'm not as biased as some old firm fans though.

Celtic losing to Liverpool a few years back in european competition and again recently to FC Porto rank among my biggest footballing disappointments. and on that subject, Porto were cheating bastards that night.

but when an old firm match comes around, i want only one winner, and no-one can hold that against me.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Poster
    Fair point boab, we tend to lack your erudition.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Poster
    Originally posted by the_faceman@31 July 2003 - 20:07
    i'm a Rangers fan from scotland. i'd like to think that i'm not as biased as some old firm fans though.

Celtic losing to Liverpool a few years back in european competition and again recently to FC Porto rank among my biggest footballing disappointments. and on that subject, Porto were cheating bastards that night.

but when an old firm match comes around, i want only one winner, and no-one can hold that against me.
    I totaly agree.

I work with a lot of hunnery season ticket holders and we get along great.

The pi$$ taking is brilliant and is all done in good fun.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    JP dont be too hasty in self denigration. I could be meaning where I am!

Wait a minute here are the nurses coming again
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    it's the same for me JPaul, i'm outnumbered by Celtic fans pretty much everywhere, but the banter is almost never taken too far.

on various trips to Ibrox and Parkhead i notice that a lot of people there take their kids, and they look obviously quite poor. Some people have to get their priorities straight, i'd much rather send any kids i had to school with decent shoes/trainers (instead of tatty ones with holes, which leads to them getting mocked and so forth) than pay the £60 (and upwards) it costs to take a family of 4 to the match.

a bit off topic, but along with sectarianism, it's one of the main things that annoy me about football in general. I say football in general because i imagine it's the same the world over, fathers having a season ticket etc while their families struggle to get by.

Football is amazing, but some things are more important.

*edit* - i don't mean shoes/trainers explicitly, it was just an example

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Poster
    Originally posted by the_faceman@31 July 2003 - 20:17
    it's the same for me JPaul, i'm outnumbered by Celtic fans pretty much everywhere, but the banter is almost never taken too far.

on various trips to Ibrox and Parkhead i notice that a lot of people there take their kids, and they look obviously quite poor. Some people have to get their priorities straight, i'd much rather send any kids i had to school with decent shoes/trainers (instead of tatty ones with holes, which leads to them getting mocked and so forth) than pay the £60 (and upwards) it costs to take a family of 4 to the match.

a bit off topic, but along with sectarianism, it's one of the main things that annoy me about football in general. I say football in general because i imagine it's the same the world over, fathers having a season ticket etc while their families struggle to get by.

Football is amazing, but some things are more important.
    Again I agree.

Football should be paid from disposable income. That includes after having ensured that your family are looked after.

I can't go, used to go every week, many years ago. I get once in a while as a treat, with the two eldest. It's just a money thing. Like you say it costs fortunes.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by JPaul+31 July 2003 - 18:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 31 July 2003 - 18:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crazy_billy_bats@31 July 2003 - 19:48

exactly there is more important and worrying things in the world than football results.

Sorry, not with you there.

What are you saying ? [/b][/quote]
    never mind.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Poster
    What is it you are studying CBB, something to do with a job.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by JPaul@1 August 2003 - 07:21
    What is it you are studying CBB, something to do with a job.
    no its a language at the moment, and in my spare time informatics. i hope to eventually go back to a University here and start another computing degree.

inane jobs will do me for the meantime.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast