Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: would Soulseek suit my needs? :

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Hey guys,

I've never really bothered using Soulseek before. I always assumed it was another limewire/kazaa/bearshare ripoff. What's your opinion on it? I like my music at 192 kbps or above, but preferably at V0. I can find the music I want on a combination of Libble, STM, What, Waffles, and Kraytracker at the moment. I don't see what's the point in checking out Soulseek unless it has a great selection of full albums that arn't transcodes in V0 . For someone this picky should I stick with what I'm using, or is Soulseek gonna impress me?

I really have no clue what Soulseek is, but I've had a few people recommend it to me. Anyone with experience using private music trackers and also Soulseek got recommendation?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Hi TSOL, I'm a slsk user for long time now.

I don't really know if you'll find what you're looking for, maybe you should try it and see for yourself. What I can tell you is that it's different from trackers on that you get to see individual's shared folders. It means you download files from specific users, and you can choose to download a single file or an entire folder.

As far as quality, you'll find everything from scene releases at 320kbps to bad quality home rips. I don't know what V0 is, would you mind telling me?

Slsk is excellent for people into electronic music. Search for my user name if you get into it.

Good luck!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    "scene releases at 320kbps"

Right, since when scene release @ 320kbps. That would be nuked actually.

Anyway... trackers are good for your usual mainstream stuff with minimum diversity (that even included oink)... SLSK have a whole lot more and the quality is somewhat consistent.

Of course, you can't be picky and decide you must have it in V0, cause that just won't happen like that. But the 192kbps+ shouldn't be a problem.

Don't get me wrong, I do use trackers cause they are convenient. But when I just can't find it anywhere, SLSK is the best thing there is.

It is however a program that work on your patience and your will to actually use it. Files don't just come right in as you click them. It's one peer to one peer filesharing. So if you find just what you are looking for but there is a queue line of a 100... expect you'll have to stay connected a while before you get it.

Most SLSK users have it running all the time, cause that's the best way for it to actually work.

User of the .torrent files

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I actually have some at 320. What do you mean it would be nuked?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I mean scene releases are all V2 right now... they were 192kbps before that... and even 128kbps a while ago.

Scene never released at 320kbps... 320kbps = Home rips... FLAC = Home rips... V0 = Home rips.

For higher quality audio, scene rips are far from your best choice.

User of the .torrent files

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Well, it seems some groups actually release at 320kpbs. Maybe you wouldn't call them scene, but they are out there and call themselves as part of it.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminJay View Post
    I mean scene releases are all V2 right now... they were 192kbps before that... and even 128kbps a while ago.

Scene never released at 320kbps... 320kbps = Home rips... FLAC = Home rips... V0 = Home rips.

For higher quality audio, scene rips are far from your best choice.
    bullshit because ive seen home rips that are way better then many scene rips

people doing it for the love to music generally are more dedicated then scene groups doing it for the attention
    Open your mind

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    The "scene" discussion is just fine, but doesn't belong in this thread. Please keep this one on topic.

yo

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    rocky1234's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Never heard about soulseek before. Is it really good ???

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky1234 View Post
    Never heard about soulseek before. Is it really good ???
    It's fantastic.

You must be patient with the software though at times as ScreaminJay noted, but it's a great client.

Definitely something any music lover should have in their repertoire.

yo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast