Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whole Pc Infected With Viruses

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Its amazing my pc is still functioning correctly. The intercheck monitor that comes with sophos antivirus runs in the background as a system service to be on gaurd at all times against viruses before they hit your pc. So I never thought to run a full system scan because I thought the intercheck monitor was sufficient.

That obviouly wasnt the case. I think Im going to switch to another vendor. But I hate norton and avg products so Ill probably try and find something else.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    That's nasty, i recomend using AVG...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Check the pinned topic on antivirus

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Forum Star
    Eset's NOD32 is also very good.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Inevitable's Avatar Poster
    I reccomend Look 'n' Stop it double filters any attacks when your using the internet. It gives you the ability to access or deny any and every connection to your internet, which might include a trojan trying to access your internet etc.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Lugnutz...

You may not like it very well, but NAV is exactly what I would recommend. It never has failed me in catching a virus. And sadly, I would not even consider running a P2P application without it's protection (as well as running Internet Security). My NAV auto-protect is always detecting and removing viruses and trojans from downloads that either it is mistakenly taking for a virus or it is legitimately a threat. Hell- every attempt I made to download BoostXP from Kazaa (before I created the thread about my woes here), ended with NAV detecting some KW Bot32 worm (or a name similiar to it) and cancelling the download. And there were alot of sources to choose from. Every one of them appeared to contain this worm. Now as far as the actual truth if these files actually did contain malicsious code- I have no idea. But at least I can find comfort knowing that my system is clean from it. In addition to running full-system scans using the software regularly, I also use the Symantec site scanner to be absolutely certain.

Norton software does cause slowdown, but the price is well worth the end result, IMO.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Thanks for the advice guys. I found two retail versions of panda antivirus. Titanium and platnium edition. I also found a crack for NOD32 so if panda doesnt work for me Ill try that.

And if all else fails I guess Ill try out norton or avg.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Damn Im suprised your comp is even running...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    LOL
    Linux guru???
    While you on a win box then?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by shadow master@30 July 2003 - 21:36
    LOL
    Linux guru???
    While you on a win box then?
    I have 3 boxes here. A windows xp box. A redhat linux box, and my laptop thats running solaris 9.

Just because I love linux and will probably know more about it then you ever will in your whole lifetime, it doesnt mean that I cant use other o.s. as well.

Btw, Im not the kind of linux person that bashes microsoft and uses their products.
    Im the kind of linux person that bashes microsoft and uses whatever the hell I want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast