Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: utorrent change again on sct

Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Giveaway View Post
    utorrent is becoming a crappy program
    Because ScT is changing their rules or? Beacuse I've used 1.6.1, 1.7.6 and 1.7.7 and have so far not seen any difference for me as an average user.
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Giveaway View Post
    utorrent is becoming a crappy program
    Yea, who wants a program that fixes security flaws, even if it means working on a new release just after one was done.

I know I would rather be exploitable and use programs that never update.
    Thats why I use WinNT, since theres no more patches being released, and there are known vulnerabilities. Makes my life easier not having to apply patches. What a waste of my time indeed!

Ok, for those who can't tell, that 2nd paragraph was meant to be extremely sarcastic. You whiners are idiots, go use another program that uses more resources, less features, and more complicated. No one is forcing you to use uTorrent.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I bet you could find explotable bugs in every torrent client if you looked hard enough. Someone's got it in for uTorrent, why?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny67 View Post
    uTorrent versions below 1.7.7 and uTorrent 1.8 alpha build 8205 are now banned
    This is because of another remotely exploitable crashbug that was discovered (and it does crash 1.6 versions as well, not just 1.7 like the previous exploit, even with encrypted connections)
    yes why not create every time new thread when sct post some news there..

and yea i agree with them
    if you not noticed asswipe 1 thread ive made about sct news so stfu!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4
    bunny67 don`t mind him the thread is helpful and like someone before has sayd that`s why it`s called BitTorrent section so we can discuss about this sort of things .
    Tokeman take a look here:https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-177...52/postcount80
    “Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.”

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by SCR View Post
    bunny67 don`t mind him the thread is helpful and like someone before has sayd that`s why it`s called BitTorrent section so we can discuss about this sort of things .
    Tokeman take a look here:https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-177...52/postcount80
    I've read that...

Just because some one out there thinks they are lying, is that a good reason not to update? Even if the info is not public yet, it will be found eventually, lots of people are out to ruin uTorrent. Generally exploit information is only public when it is found by outside sources, and they post to let the dev's know so they can fix it. Since this exploit was found internally by the dev's (again supposedly) why would they release the info and risk some one exploiting all you non-updater's? That would be very bad publicity for them. Think about it for a bit, theres logic behind it all, and they are following the same standards as most software vendors.

No reputable company releases exploit information like this, why would you expect uTorrent to be any different?
    Last edited by Tokeman; 02-02-2008 at 09:26 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    TYPE R's Avatar ( ^ ^ ) BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    thx bunny 4 the info

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    damn i can't stand this sh*t anymore utorrent should get better security experts :\

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    damn i can't stand this sh*t anymore utorrent should get better security experts :\
    its a FREE product, and they are doing a great job. The fact that they are updating shows their doing their jobs now, securing the application, and people complain...

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    its a FREE product, and they are doing a great job. The fact that they are updating shows their doing their jobs now, securing the application, and people complain...
    thanks a lot for being free but i don't see anyone releasing their products for free with so much vulnerabilities and saying like "ok it's free so deal with it", it's getting pathetic releasing a new version every two days.

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast