Thread: Eve Online

JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    Anyone here play this?

2. Games   -   #2
    Demigod's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    It a fairly decent game. You can train stuff, leave it and it'll be training while you're offline.

However, for some people, it's boring simply because it takes 1-2 months before you can really get good enough for PVP.

Also, I heard that watching someone play EVE can be one of the most boring thing ever, however, when you play it yourself, it can truly be a blast.

3. Games   -   #3
    Yeah I just started up a 14 day trial, and the game seems pretty indepth and detailed to the hilt. Been doing some mining and selling, haven't really thought of the pvp aspect yet....

4. Games   -   #4
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +1
    me too

5. Games   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I think Snee has been playing this incesently if I'm not mistaken.

yo

6. Games   -   #6
    Ok so after some play time I'm absoulutely addicted to this game. Joined up with a corp and these guys are friggin smart. and very experienced,

Anyone wanna play, hit me up in game Mr Molten is the name.

7. Games   -   #7
    xjosephx's Avatar black power BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    never heard of it before
    LOOKING FOR NCORE AND NORBITS

8. Games   -   #8
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i play it too

9. Games   -   #9
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    i played the 14 day trial, but i don't have the time to play mmorpgs. heck i might not even have time to finish gta san andreas before the new one comes out! I've played the 14 day trial and was glued to my computer the whole 2 weeks, but a few days before the trial ended i got sick of it and havnt played since. i liked my character and might go back to it in the future, as it's pretty cheap, and i love sci-fi stories

10. Games   -   #10
    I think one of the benefits, as I see it anyway, is that the game can be played for free. You can buy Game Time Cards, GTC's as they are referred to ingame, with in game money.

There's a secure way of getting these cards setup through the games makers' website, so there's no risk involved. People are always offering and selling cards everyday.

And, if you like to play games "independently wealthy", like I do, then it takes that money grab aspect out of the game. It helps to leave the game more about gameplay and social interaction.

Another thing, if you're one of those people who don't like the "grind" of mmo's and want to just jump right into the action, there's a method of character transfer, secure of course, that allows people to trade their high level toons to other players.

Some people would say that it gives some people an unfair advantage, while that may be true, but it also allows an avenue for the much more casual gamer to play the game at the highest levels.
    Last edited by JunkBarMan; 02-16-2008 at 05:38 PM.