Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Am I Screwed? Its About Partition Shit

  1. #1
    Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    824
    okay i had Me like 5 months ago i installed Xp over worked fine just till later i i found out FAT32 on Xp is bad so today i reinstalled Xp Clean Install but i installed it over my old partition

    a computer guy i called said my comp is in bad shape what should i do ??

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,357
    Originally posted by EnJoi@31 July 2003 - 01:02
    a computer guy i called said my comp is in bad shape what should i do ??
    What do you mean by bad shape?

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    824
    i dunno he said in would like mess up and i should delete this partition and ge ta new one

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,759
    You should get a new computer guy if he just says your pc is in bad shape.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    what are you using now >? NTSF?

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by EnJoi@31 July 2003 - 00:02
    okay i had Me like 5 months ago i installed Xp over worked fine just till later i i found out FAT32 on Xp is bad so today i reinstalled Xp Clean Install but i installed it over my old partition

    a computer guy i called said my comp is in bad shape what should i do ??
    Tell him your not giving him any money.

    All you need to do is during the install make sure you tell it to do a format (not a quick one) to your partition and make it NTFS

    You most likely did this

    FAT32 isn&#39;t that bad for win XP just NTFS gives you more options like compression and larger hard drives

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    333
    I just converted my drive to NFTS one day. I didn&#39;t have problems. I have reinstalled but I think the computer guy is lying. If you reformated cleanly you should be fine.

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    824
    alrite when i format is all my drivers gonna be gone i backed them up what do i do with them later?

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,597
    Originally posted by wienerschnitzel@31 July 2003 - 04:41

    FAT32 isn&#39;t that bad for win XP just NTFS gives you more options like compression and larger hard drives
    And speed, security, and stability. Just little things like that

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    824
    bump what should i do?&#33;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •