Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stickin it to the neighbors

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I've got some neighbors who just won't turn down their stereo. Sometimes it goes on for extended amounts of time like today for 4+ hours. This isn't at a volume where I can just slightly hear it, but often so loud that if done early enough, it will wake me from sleeping even though it's coming from the opposite side of the apartment. So loud that even turning on the TV or my own radio doesn't drown it out. So loud that I can understand the lyrics of what they're listening to.

I've been over there on several occasions and requested that the music be turned down. Sometimes they'll turn it down a notch or two but never to a satisfactory level, and the conversation comes with a healthy dose of attitude. At this point, they know it bothers me (and others?) but obviously don't care.

Numerous complaints to apartment manager have done nothing. I've been told flat out that they will not evict anyone based on noise complaints alone.

What's left to do? This has been going on for at least a year now.

I've given the Anarchist's Cookbook a quick read and don't see anything relative in there.

I've considered going outside and unplugging their power meter to disconnect their power and possibly taking the meter with me. That would put them out of commission for at least a day or so, but would not want to be caught doing that.

Also, since the office has already informed me that they will not evict tenants for noise violations, I've considered buying a cheap stereo receiver and large speaker to put against out shared wall and crank it up every day when I leave for work.

Any ideas on battling these irritants?

yo

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Rape them.
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Move out of the trailer-park and back home with your parents.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Get a bigger stereo

5. Lounge   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Kidnap their pets and/or children. Hold them to ransom until your demands are met.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Lounge   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Knock on their door, stark naked but adorned with a cocked hunting rifle, and ask them in a falsetto voice if they wouldn't mind turning the stereo down.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    then rape them all again

8. Lounge   -   #8
    burst in naked holding your rifle n tell em to 'turn this fucking shit off' that should get their attention.

did that once...it worked.
    Last edited by Alien5; 02-03-2008 at 09:14 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Kick in their door and scream ''FBfuckingI muthafuckers''

Then wing it from there.
    Now go away.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Phone your mam and cry like a bitch down the phone to her, telling her all about the nasty man next door.
    She'll send your dad down to sort out the problem, just like he's done every other time you've fucked up.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast