Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Trackers with descriptions

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

Cool

When I first got into using bittorrent, I used it almost solely music. These are the sites that I've used, and how I used each of them:

What - hands down best music torrent site (553 468 torrents)

Waffles - used to be up to par with What, but the distance between them seems to be keep growing and there's quite a noticeable difference in quality between them now (262 959 torrents)

Kraytracker - best site for punk, ska, hxc, indie, and requests for anything 'underground' (6 407 torrents)

Punktorrents - punk, ska, hardcore. some rare stuff, forum based. (11 980 torrents)

Indietorrents - I admit this one could be labelled as a 'collectors' one. I'd guess it's more of a community for it's dedicated members, but I haven't posted in the forums enough to really get into it. (935 torrents)

Rockbox - This has all you'll ever need for grindcore/ anything else that's metal. It's a public tracker but you can register and track your ratio as well (11 702 metal torrents, and 5 gig upload for every 100 seed hours)

VIPMusic - Pretty big now, emerging out of the ashes of softmp3... (20 225)

VIPV2 - well the collections and music videos here are really the only thing I use this tracker for, but its all scene, and is already very promising even tho its new (3500 torrents)

Libble - This site's got some great torrents, and it has a unique ranking system that takes into account more factors than upload or download (10 520 torrents)

STMusic - It's plagued by mislabelled ups. I've downloaded way too many 'v0's that were mixed bitrate limewire tracks (10 933 torrents)

Sound Damage - I registered here because of the small hype about it over here, but with under 1000 torrents, it's completely pointless in my eyes. it has a nice layout tho and one day might get somewhere (although i see absolutely no demand for it; there is NOTHING AT ALL special about it which makes it stand out)(under 1000 torrents, even though the front page says 1200)

HHBase - I just reg'd here a couple days ago. It's not really anything special, and specializes in hip hop (900 torrents)

Trance Traffic - That torrent count might include dead torrents. It's the best tracker for trance music, and other related electronic genres (78 101)

TR - I don't use this tracker. I believe it's pretty good for trance (6900? torrents, trance only)

Dime aka EZtorrents - Best place to get bootlegs (20 804)

Zombtracker.The-Zomb.com
    - Good alternative for bootlegs. Have found stuff that aren't on Dime (4 157 torrents)

others users' comments/reviews:

BTMusic
    - Although the quantity of torrents can't compare, BTMusic has some of the highest quality rips in the Bittorrent world, with 100% flac albums ranging from promos to vinyls. Definitely solid in terms of quality and many rare vinyl rips are posted there as well.

Romanian Metal Torrents (metal.iplay.ro) - Must have for metalheads. contains lots of discography packs and music dvds(the most popular ones are freeleech) (4300+ torrents)

Metalbits.org
    - Another must have. They mainly have scene content. Also have huge collection of discographies (all scene rips ) also great for scene MDVDRs (3200+ torrents)
    p1ay.us - users: 6,267. music ( extreme ): Alternative, Metal, Rapcore, Alternative metal, Post hardcore, ex-USSR, Frenchcore, Alternative rock, Japanese, Punk, Rock, Insudtrial. Most of the torrents have only 1 seeders but if you are really into extreme music this is the place for you. (1276 torrents)

HungerCity - users: 11,194. music is categorized by artists and you'll find there all great 60s and 70s rock bands and singers like : Jimi Hendrix, Led Zepplin, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan and other older singers like Elvis Presley, the Beatles and others. i love this site it has some rare stuff and nice collection of live performances. (3117 torrents)

e**** - 100% securely-ripped lossless albums, vinyls, and dvd video torrents, 90% of them with artwork (I think there's a couple thousand torrents here, but I'll need confirmation, as I've never been a member there)

Feel free to add other music trackers that you use, with your short 'review' of what you use it for (I can think of a few I havn't mentioned ). I'll copy and paste your thing into the OP.

Also, if you disagree or agree on what I've said about a tracker, please post a comment. Maybe I've overlooked stuff, or I'm missing out on something from one of those trackers that might affect my opinion of it.

cheers!
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 06-22-2009 at 09:01 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I'd like this thread to be a cumulative description and rating (not RANKING!!!) of how well the tracker does it's job of providing music (seeders, leechers, torrents, etc.)

This looks like a great idea. For MY contribution...

Waffles: By far my favorite music tracker. Despite a smaller userbase than what.cd, Waffles retains it's strength and stability in the music tracker biz by providing nearly the largest quality in fantastic quality.

BTMusic: Although the quantity of torrents can't compare, BTMusic has some of the highest quality rips in the Bittorrent world, with 100% flac albums ranging from promos to vinyls. Definitely solid in terms of quality and many rare vinyl rips are posted there as well.

What.cd: While it may not be as appealing as waffles, What.cd has an incredibly active userbase and community. However, there are fewer and more inexperienced seeders and many less leechers.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    nice list. =] i agree with you on the harder to seed for waffles part. that's probably the reason why there're more seeders on snatched torrents in general compared to what

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i would like to add the following :
    Romanian Metal Torrents (metal.iplay.ro) : Must have for metalheads. contains lots of discography packs and music dvds(the most popular ones are freeleech) (4300+ torrents)
    Metalbits.org : Another must have. They mainly have scene content. Also have huge collection of discographies (all scene rips ) also great for scene MDVDRs (3200+ torrents)
    Zombtracker.The-Zomb.com : Best place to get bootlegs (3000+ torrents)

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    k i added your rankings, and i like the idea of putting the number of torrents into the description. I'll try and keep the numbers updated, as well as adding them in for the ones i didnt write in

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    e**** - 100% securely-ripped lossless albums, vinyls, and dvd video torrents, 90% of them with artwork

there is nothing else non-members need to know, so i'll leave it at that for those who are interested

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    GAIA's Avatar The Dragon Champion BT Rep: +1
    Nice list and description than you...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    added to bookmarks i love this thread =) i hope it's get bumped once in a while so you can edit the changes and add fresh sites, thanks for the info m8.

btw add

p1ay.us and hungercity :

p1ay.us
    torrents: 1,276. users: 6,267. music ( extreme ): Alternative, Metal, Rapcore, Alternative metal, Post hardcore, ex-USSR, Frenchcore, Alternative rock, Japanese, Punk, Rock, Insudtrial. Most of the torrents have only 1 seeders but if you are really into extreme music this is the place for you.

HungerCity
    torrents: 3,117. users: 11,194. music is categorized by artists and you'll find there all great 60s and 70s rock bands and singers like : Jimi Hendrix, Led Zepplin, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan and other older singers like Elvis Presley, the Beatles and others. i love this site it has some rare stuff and nice collection of live performances.

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I'm glad you appreciate this fusionz, I'll try and keep it updated daily!

i know there's still quite a few other music trackers out there that arn't up there yet, but i've either let my accouts lapse or i'm not a part of them. hopefully in a couple weeks if other users contribute we'll have a more complete list for you guys

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    My favourites are:
    indietorrents
    Probably the best music site if you're an indie hipster (the sort that thinks pitchfork is too mainstream, etc...). The weekly top-10 is available to everyone, and as they only allow non-RIAA releases you'll find really cool stuff.
    waffles
    Lots of development and growing very fast so this is definitely _the_ general music site to be part of. It's hard to seed, but only as hard as it was at OiNK. You just have to keep everything uploading...
    Speeds are generally very fast too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast