Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Question about seeding I can not figure out

  1. #1
    kostnkost's Avatar "Otay" BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    221
    OK here is my situation. I downloaded a file and seeded to a 1.0 ratio. I then want to seed on another site to build my ratio there. Here is the problem I have. The files do not match up.

    Is there a way around this so the files match and I can seed? It seems different sites use different file sizes, whether its a bigger NFO file, SFV or sample, etc.

    Is it as easy as just deleting a file to make the file sizes match? Do sites/people do this to prevent you from seeding this way?
    Last edited by kostnkost; 02-04-2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling







  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    torrentgeek's Avatar Asta La Vista Baby BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    265
    you can not seed the file you downloaded from one site to other. this is because each torrents will have different "hash code" according to the data. if only the hash of the other torrent matches you can seed that.

    the only way is to download it and seed.

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentgeek View Post
    you can not seed the file you downloaded from one site to other. this is because each torrents will have different "hash code" according to the data. if only the hash of the other torrent matches you can seed that.

    the only way is to download it and seed.
    You are wrong . U can seed a file taken from a site to a different site as long as the files match.
    P.S kostnkost if u find the ones that match u can seed them on another site but first read the sites rules and see if they allow it.
    Last edited by SCR; 02-04-2008 at 04:40 PM.
    “Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.”

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    kostnkost's Avatar "Otay" BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    221
    Yes you can as long as the file size is the same. I have done it before?







  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Any other world
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,528
    usually when you do this file sizes are the same ( as long as it is the exact same release )

    sometimes there will be a 2 mb difference between the two trackers so you'll have to download it from the 2nd tracker or the other way around.

    Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,260
    You can do this, here is how:
    When you open the torrent on the new site you wish to seed to, if there are any file differences like nfo, sfv, just uncheck them (or select Do not download depending on client). Point it to the right directory, make sure to click the folder/file you wish to seed. This way the tracker will only verify and seed the files that do match. Often different sites put their own NFO into the release, or change the existing NFO which is why they do not match. By selecting not to downoad it (even though you already have it) you will be able to seed the actual files of the release which are still selected.
    PM me if you have any further questions.

    This will ONLY work if its the same release by the same group, not just the same movie (or whatever it is), but I think that is obvious.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    kostnkost's Avatar "Otay" BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    usually when you do this file sizes are the same ( as long as it is the exact same release )

    sometimes there will be a 2 mb difference between the two trackers so you'll have to download it from the 2nd tracker or the other way around.

    Sucks for me as I have a 48hr wait time till I can get those files. That was the reason why I wanted to seed this way.

    To eliminate the wait time.







  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    torrentgeek's Avatar Asta La Vista Baby BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
    Yes you can as long as the file size is the same. I have done it before?
    yes i agree with you.

    you know what.. .the hash sum changes only when the file size varies. the problem he noted here is that the file sizes are different. in that case he definitely can not seed.

    i said
    "you can not seed the file you downloaded from one site to other"

    because his problem is the files are different in size.
    did you get me ? ?

  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kostnkost's Avatar "Otay" BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    221
    Thank You Tokeman!!

    I knew there was a way. I shall pass a fatty your way.







  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,260
    Quote Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    usually when you do this file sizes are the same ( as long as it is the exact same release )

    sometimes there will be a 2 mb difference between the two trackers so you'll have to download it from the 2nd tracker or the other way around.

    Sucks for me as I have a 48hr wait time till I can get those files. That was the reason why I wanted to seed this way.

    To eliminate the wait time.
    unfortunatly the wait time will still be enforced (I think, haven't had to deal with them in some time), so you probably will not be able to seed unless all files match compleatly, as this is normally enforced before you even get a peer list or anything. Sorry to bring this bad news to you.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •